Kaoru; OHSHC

Thank me later

Pairing: Kaoru x Reader, Hikaru x Reader (platonic)

Pronouns: he/him

Content: cheating but not actual cheating (just a misunderstanding), angst to fluff

Description: while it was only a misunderstanding, Hikaru tried to comfort you as best as possible.

Note: cheating isn't really my thing buT this was lowkey fun to write. Ya_Boy_Alex here is your request :D ! I hope you like it:]

------------------

There you sat, under a large tree, a few tears slipping down your face.

Reason for your tears was your boyfriend Kaoru.

Even thinking about him made your stomach turn. The only thing coming to mind is the sight of the girl oh so close to Karou and them kissing as if you werent there.

Why? You ask yourself, just why?

Maybe you were being delusional, maybe it was a misunderstanding.

But it sure broke your heart to see your boyfriend so close to her when he usually didn't like you being that close.

He said it was because if you both talked about your relationship, bad things could happen to the clubs business. While Kaoru didnt really care as much, Kyoya didn't like the idea.

So you just went on in your day without visiting the club as much, even though you had been invited as a host many times it wasn't your type of thing.

Sometimes you wish you had joined just to make sure things like what you just saw, werent something regular.

While you tried not to get pissed off in the school courtyard a hand was placed on your shoulder.

As you look up you see Hikaru, Kaoru's twin, smiling at you.

Just as the smile set on his face, he suddenly frowned.

Seeing the small tears welling up in your eyes and permanent frown set on your face.

"Whats wrong?" He says while sitting beside you, hand nearing your face to place a lock of your hair behind your ear.

"Kaoru...he-" you try to say but it gets hard to let out any noise.

Hikaru's facial expression turned sour, eyebrows furrowed and eyes glaring. He had known about your guys relationship and he loved you dearly, he was very happy you guys got together but he didn't like how Kaoru immediatly tried to keep it a secret.

"What did he do?"

"A girl, I saw a girl kiss him. At the host club"

At your words Hikaru got even more tense then you thought possible.

"Im so sorry...thats not something very common at the club but sometimes some of them like to do that. I'll talk to him okay? I know he loves you very much, he just doesn't express it well and I know thats hard for you as well"

"But- what if he liked it, what if he wants to be with her instead?" You question, it was something that you knew wouldnt happen but your anxiety got the best of you.

Hikaru gave you a big hug and a warm embrace. He sighs before he starts talking again, "Kaoru loves you, ive never seen him love like this but, its very noticeable that he cares for you so much. I dont know why he wants to keep it a secret any more at this point"

You let out a small sob at his words, you know Hikarus words were true but it still hurt so much that he seemed to prioritize the club over you. You wished he could put both on the same level.

"Come with me okay? We'll talk about it together, I dont want to leave you here alone"

And so after that he helped you up and you both walked over to the clubs location. You taking smaller steps to delay the inevitable while Hikaru took big steps, striding almost.

As you walk up to the doors you see Kaoru frantically looking around.

"Thank me later" Hikaru says and Kaoru looks up.

And thats when you see the tears building up in Kaoru's own eyes.

He yells out your name and runs up to you.

You fall back, almost hitting the ground, but Kaoru holds onto you.

He immediatly starts babbling, you were only able to understand a few words out of the million that he says in just a few seconds.

Saying stuff like 'im sorry' repeating it over and over again.

As you look for Hikaru for some sort of explanation, he isnt even there.

Suddenly Kaoru grabs your face softly, making you have steady eye contact with him.

As he sees the tear tracks on your face he starts sobbing a bit.

"Im so sorry, please forgive me, ill even leave the club. Please, I didnt want her to kiss me, I pushed her away as soon as I could. I love you so much"

"Wait, you pushed her away?"

He looks at you as if you were crazy, "of course I pushed her away! Tamaki even told her to leave right after. I tried looking for you but I didn't see you anywhere, all I know was that I saw you enter right before she decided to kiss me"

So...it was all a big misunderstanding-

You stood there shocked, you really thought he had almost cheated on you.

Now that you look back, why were you even crying, Kaoru loved you so much. Even Hikaru said so himself.

Gods you were a bit of an idiot-

You smile sheepishly at him as you let out a nervous chuckle, and he looks at you confused.

"I thought, you had cheated on me-"

"Baby, I love you so much. You're my boyfriend, and I am your boyfriend. Nothing is going to change that, and you know what I'm going to talk to Kyoya. He either lets me tell everyone about our relationship or im leaving the club"

"Are you sure? You don't....have to do that"

That was a bit of a lie, he should.

"Im doing it, nothing can stop me"

Karou leans in to give you a kiss but you stop him by putting a hand on his mouth.

"You are not kissing me when that bitch kissed you like twenty minutes ago"

He deadpans at your words, sad that he isnt able to kiss his boyfriend and be able to finally make up with you.

Kaoru quickly swipes his lips with the back of his hand, aggressively trying to wake away any lipstick left from her mouth.

As he finishes he dips in for a kiss, not letting you hold a hand to his mouth this time. Letting out a small noise of happiness since he finally gets to kiss you again.

"You're gunna have to thank your brother later" you say in-between kisses.

[1119 words; feb/9/21]