Xiao; Genshin Impact

Soulmate

pairing: Xiao x Reader

pronouns: he/him; male reader

content: fighting, archon quest spoilers, soulmates

description: you never expected to find out the reason why Xiao acted the way he did right after Osial was woken up

note: LONG AWAITED PART TWO FOR THREAD LMAODNAK I HOPE YALL ENJOY

-------------

¡ This is part two to my xiao fic "Thread" so you should read that one before you read this one !

-------------

Your hair flowed to the front of your face as you looked up, Paimon and the traveller at your side.

Your body became tense as the wind and droplets from the sea hit you. Your hair now whipping your face harder.

The color encased you all around as you look around, hoping to find some sort of exit from this bad situation.

Osial had been woken up and none of you knew what to do.

The sound high heels clicking on the Jade Chamber floor made you aware of your surroundings again and as you look back you're met with the familiar site of none other then Ninguang.

She looks at the three of you sternly before opening her mouth.

But before she can say a word, a certain adepti appears.

"What are you doing here?" Xiao asks, he almost stumbled through his semtence once he sees you.

He walks up to you before grabbing onto your shoulder just like he had the first time that you guys met.

"You shouldnt be here"

His breath is almost shaking as he looks between you and Osial. Internally you question why he is so worried about you, you had only met once before.

And as he whispers that to you, you look at the small locket on your chest and smile up at him before squeezing his hand.

"Ill be fine, no need to worry about me Xiao"

The smile you gave him when you said that, even in such a bad moment, almost made his heart flutter out of his chest.

His grip on you weakens as he takes a step back, but still not completely leaving your side.

While this exhange happened between the two of you, Ninguang and the traveller had been starting conversation.

While you werent able to pick up on eberything they said, you were able to hear about the sacrifice Ninguang was about to make.

It made you incredibly sad but you had no time to mope before the Fatui started to attack.

You and the traveller looked at eachother before nodding and running in, a thing you usually did before a battle.

It symbolized you would see eachother again in the end.

Xiao ran behind you as you ran up to one of the many Fatui. You both fought side by side, and while neither of you knew each others attack patterns, you worked perfectly together.

Suddenly a man came up  whine you before throwing you to the ground, the locket you had around your neck now broken into small little pieces and the thread carefully placed inside was blowing through the wind.

You heard Xiao yell before your ears started to ring, it was almost unbearable. Your vision got blurry and the pain on your back hurt badly. The Fatui had thrown you so hard you almost broke a bone, at least thats what you thought.