Xiao; Genshin Impact

Like you Like me

Pairing: Xiao x Reader

Pronouns: none specified; male reader request though

Content: cryo yaksha reader, comforting xiao, getting together but not by confessing

Description: memories of past days aren't always great, but you had each other.

Notes: speaking of xiao, I'm a Xiao main since first banner ! If yall want you can add me on genshin I really want genshin friends that are my age. I'm 16 :D also request for CherryQuartzDiamond, ty !

---------------------------

Things were better now, that's what you told each other.

Every so often the trauma from back then came back to mind, but as long as you two had each other it would be fine.

The only two yakshas who kept in touch, one missing, others dead. You only had one another.

You both sat at the mountain above the harbor, looking down at those under you and feeling the calm breeze of the ocean.

It was so calm and peaceful, you wished it was always like this. But you both had duties, that can't be ignored.

If someone called for you, it was obligatory you responded.

At least thats what you both felt like you had to do.

You needed to help those of the harbor and around you, it was your duty. That duty would never change, as you were both immortal.

Immortality was a curse an a blessing, you could experience so much more but loss just as much as well. The two of you sometimes wished you could have lived normal lives, but if it were like that, you wouldn't have met.

The two of you were once under the corrupt god but now you stood at the top, just you two, no one else to bother you. The only thing stopping you from a peaceful life was those duties you vowed to keep, not so much for the corrupt god or any god, but more for yourselves and the rest of the yakshas.

Xiao huddles closer to you subconsciously as you rest your arm around him, looking at the ocean and stars as you relaxed for a bit.

As much as you both hated immortality, it's the reason you are where you are, together. Sometimes you hate it, and sometimes you thank it, because if not you would not be in the position you are right now.

Having someone that understands you so well right by your side.

You think on the good things of the past and the present but soon enough your thoughts were interrupted.

You both tense as you hear someone call for you, immediatly leaving the comfort of the harbor and exchanging it for the yells of hilichurls and the screaming for help of the humans behind you.

The two of you nod at eachother before getting to work.

You worked well as a team, he was the anemo yaksha while you were the cryo yaksha. Anytime it was needed you both could help each other out with your own visions.

You swing the heavy claymore around as if it were as light as air, there was never a problem with the weight of your weapon even if it contrasted with your other weapon.

As soon as it was needed you switched to your other weapon, swiftly placing the claymore behind your broad back and materializing a catalyst.

The fight was easy, fights were never something that took too long but having to do them over and over again day and night, it did get tiring.

The humans behind you were in awe at the too of you, not even worried anymore. Spewing out compliments like, "he's so good" and "they always protect us well".

Humans were easy to impress, especially those without visions. They always wanted to see more and even in dangerous situations like this, they took time out of their day just to stand in awe of the two of you.

Many were thankful, others were used to the help. No matter what the reaction was you only bowed before leaving once again to where you both felt safe, alone just the two of you.

You sighed as you drop the catalyst, no longer needed and it evaporates.

Xiao stays silent as he looks down, he always gets this way when the duties just seem to be too much.

Both of you now sat at the end of your bed in the wangshu inn.

Tired from the days work, you took of your normal attire and put on something more comftorable as did Xiao.

He still was silent, little grumbles coming out from his mouth from time to time.

You knew he just had a lot on his mind, maybe there was a way to comfort him.

Xiao gets into the bed and so do you, usually you slept separately in the bed right beside Xiao's. But you knew he needed some sort of comfort and you thought this was the best way.

The two of you were close, for as long as you remember, so this wasn't anything that Xiao would react badly to.

He stares as you questioningly as you shuffle closer to him with a smile. 

He only presses his face closer to his pillow and closing his eyes, expecting you to just leave sooner or later.

Instead you grab the back of his head and pull him towards you, his head now resting on your chest.

You place a kiss on the top of his head before slotting your chin on top of his head and closing your eyes.

Xiao's heart races at the action, you were close but never like this.

It came as a shock, but you only smiled in response. You've been wanting to do something like this for a while anyways.

He curls into you a bit more as he tries to calm down his erratic breathing, not only from remembering past memories but also having you this close to him.

As much as he wanted to pull away just to ask why you would even do this, he instead closes his eyes and drifts to sleep.

He could get used to this.

[1025 words; oct/3/21]