Yurio; Yuri on Ice

Calm as can be

Pairing: Yurio x Reader

Pronouns: he/him; male reader

Content: established relationship, angry Yurio (not directed at reader)

Description: people are shocked to see Yurio act so nicely to someone.

Note: yurio, my beloved <3 this one was so fun to write but im not sure if its my best work,,

------------------

Voices where heard all around as you sat on a bench not so far from the rink.

You casually scrolled through your phone as you waited for Yuri to finish what he wanted to do on the rink today. Occasionally looking up from time to time to see how he skated, and each time you stood with your mouth basically wide open.

Yuri never dissapointed with his amazing skating.

While his skating was heavenly, his shouts weren't something you liked to hear.

Never the less, he shouted as he ran through other skaters trying to get to his deisgnated spot, getting more and more agitated each time someone knocked into him.

Usuallt stuff like this wouldnt happen, but new skaters were entering the rink a lot more then usual and at this point Yuri was getting sick of it.

But he loved skating so he wouldnt stop just because new people were agitating him so much.

Viktor tried to calm him down as much as possible, but it didnt really work at all.

Only one person was able to calm him, and that was you.

But at the moment you werent able to calm him down, he refused to get off the rink.

And there was no way you would shiut from the other side of the rink just to get ignored or something.

So you stayed calm and kept on scrolling through your phone, not worried since you knew sooner or later he'd come asking for a hug and some comfort. 

While not only trying to practice, Viktor also told him to help another skaters out. Which is probably the worst thing Viktor has tried to do to Yurio and the poor skater.

That new skater though, also got agitated easily like Yurio so once Yurio started yelling, so did the skater.

They went back and forth and in the end the skater just picked up their things and left, deciding to go to the ither side of the rink and practice with someone else.

Yurio was a good teacher when it comes to skating, but he doesn't have the patience and he works better off alone or with just the people he trusts.

Yurio tries his best to work on his routine and skate some more but his head is too jumbled up, he can't concentrate on anything, and everything is making him agitated.

So he stops his routine, runs over to the music player, turns it off, and skates out of the rink.

You see him stomp towards you and you get ready to comfort him, putting your phone to the side and standing up as you open your arms.

He immediatly pulls you closer to him and hugs you, placing his head in the crook of your neck before sighing out and melting into you.

You place your hands on his head and stroke his hair as he pulls all his body weight into you, "baby is everything okay?"

You try and talk to him but he only gives you a grumble before tightening his hands around your waist.

The people around him were shocked, firstly because they hadn't known Yurio had a boyfriend, and second off his usually rude persona had evaporated away.

It was a sight no one thought was possible.

Yurio sighs out some more as you keep on stroking his hair, he felt like all his frustration had suddenly disappeared.

He felt content in your embrace.

You let out a nervous laugh as Yurio tightens his hold on you and is basically pressing you into a wall while everyone was looking.

While you loved Yurio with your whole heart and you didnt mind him pressing you back into the wall since you knew he just needed some comfort, the stares from every direction brought you a lot of panic.

The stares on the both of you didnt make you the most comftorable. 

And Yurio notices this quickly once he feels your heartbeat, so he grabs your hand and leads you to the outside of the building.

Now you both sat outside where no one would be bothering you, now the two of you could be content.

This time, instead of just hugging you, Yurio tackles you to the ground. The grass poked at your back but you didn't really mind.

A laugh erupted from you as you hit the floor and Yurio smiled as he heard it, he usually got to hear it but each time he did, it was one of the best things on earth.

He rubs his face into back into the nape if your neck and some of hair starts to tickle you, effectively making you let out another laugh.

At this point Yurio is smiling so much hes worried someone could notice, but of course he shouldn't have to worry about that since no one could see the two of you.

If a person wanted access to the place where you both were at, they would need Viktors approval. Viktor knew Yurio was with you so he didnt worry, and he knew not to send out someone to look for the two of you.

You were about to start stroking his hair again but Yurio suddenly stands up a bit and grabs your face.

"Can I kiss you?" His voice was so soft and hesitant, no matter how many times the two of you have kissed, he always asked.

It melted your heart and you of course nodded, letting him know that he could indeed kiss you.

The small smile that was set on his face now turned bigger and as the two of you kissed you both could feel the smiles etched on yours guy's faces.

And as you pulled back from each other you were able to notice how calm Yurio was now, it made you smile at how easy it was for you to calm him down.

[1043 words; mar/6/21]