Diluc; Genshin Impact

Safe

pairing: Diluc x Reader

pronouns: he/him; male reader

content: angst, spoilers for dilucs backstory kind of, panic attacks, anxiety, kidnapping

description: Diluc doesn't know what to do with himself when he can't find you

note: SORRY I HABENT BEEN WRITING BUT UH I UHM INJURED MY HAND LMAOSKDN

------------------

The only thing traveller could hear was heavy footsteps nearing them, faster then they wished. The traveller had barely any time to swing their head to look at who it was before a calloused hand grabbed their shoulder and turned them around.

There stood Diluc, face pale and shoulders tense. His whole body shook slightly as he tried to talk to the traveller, never have they seen Diluc act this way.

He was usually so calm and composed, the traveller started to worry immediatly because this wasnt a good sight to see.

Diluc tried to sputter out sentences as he talked, words coming out through harsh pants.

Claymore in hand, he swinged it frantically as he looked around and kept on talking to the traveller.

He was nearly having a panic attack, he certainly didn't do well with these types of situations.

It brought back memories he would rather keep dormant.

"Diluc, please breath. Take a breather and then we can talk" The traveller says as they try and calm Diluc down, said red head trying his best to calm his heaving chest.

"I-, im sorry. But hes gone, I dont know where he is, I cant find him anywhere. I dont know what to do"

Diluc didnt have to say a name, he didnt have to state anything. Traveller knew exactly who it was.

The only person that could make Diluc react this way if anything happened to them.

Not one of his servants, not his own brother, just you.

Traveller tries to make up a plan as they ask Diluc about your last where abouts. Diluc only explains how you had left for some commisions, but you would be back in no less then two or three hours.

It had been five hours now, this was very unlike you.

Five hours might have not been much to others but for Diluc that was enough for a search, if you hadnt been back in three hours you would have already sent some sort of message. Diluc didnt worry when hour four hit because he thought there must have just been a delay.

But that isn't the case anymore.

As Diluc and the traveller tried to find any logical answer for your disappearance, an angry yell rang through their ears.

Diluc sprinted, mud now spreading on his shoes and making him slip. But he didnt care, it was your voice, he knew it was you.

Diluc dragged his claymore as he ran, he didnt care about the rain, he didnt care about traveller yelling his name, he didnt care about how heavy his coat was getting or how his hands were slipping from the grip he had on his weapon, he didnt care about how much mud he was now collecting on his shoes and clothes.

He only cared about your safety.

And it sure as hell didnt sound like you were safe, so he ran.

Both of the vision bearers almost slipped when they finally caught up to your voice, but no one was in sight.

Dilucs breath hitches as he looks around.