Ryo; Devilman Crybaby

Baked Goods

Pairing: Ryo x Reader

Pronouns: gender neutral; they/them

Warning: established relationship, short reader. Implication to dmcb ending- only like one sentence tho so.

Description: maybe some baked good will help Ryo feel better?

Note:while writing this i found out Ryo is 5'11?*€:_×_=(×_# also idk if im happy with this but it has been quite sone time since i wrote. I hope you guys still like it! Im probobly try and write something better for dmcb :( also hes one inch taller then me omg- anyways this was requested! Also this is pretty fluffy which you might not expect since its well, Ryo but-

------------------

You were reading one of your favorite books before a sudden knock at your door interrupted you. Walking towards the door and checking through the peephole you notice its Ryo and happily open the door for him.

"Ryo hey!! Where were you, you've been gone for long" you say while wrapping your arms around him, trapping him in a tight hug.

Ryo hugs you back just as tightly and lets out a hum as he rests his chin on your head. He couldn't truly tell you what he was doing so he just grits his teeth

He doesn't like lying to you but he also didn't want to put you through any trouble...he's learn his lesson when it comes to that.

"Trip"

"You should have taken me with you, promise me next time you will! okay?"

He wished he could.

He pulls away from you and you turn around, you see the sour expression on his face and you quirk a brow. Guessing hes just not feeling good you think on something to make him feel better.

Walking into your house and moving to the kitchen, Ryo follows suit and he closes the door behind him too. Making sure to lock it and make sure nothing bad could happen.

As he walks into the kitchen he notices you, very obviously, struggling to reach a cabinet.

As you reach for the flour on the more higher shelf Ryo walks up behind you, pressing a soft kiss to the top of your head and grabbing the flour.

At first it annoyed you but throughout the time you've known Ryo the annoyance has slowly faded and your heart skips a beat when you feel his lips on you.

You give him a smile and walk away, going to another counter and grabbing any other ingredients you might need.

Ryo watches you silently, a small smile etches onto his face as he watches you move around the kitchen.

"You could help me you know?" You playfully say and you nod your head to the ingredients beside you.

He pushes off the counter he was leaning on and goes up behind you, burying his face in your neck and hugging you from behind

"This wasn't what i said by 'helping'"

"Shh let me be" he grumbles out, content in feeling you against him.

"Mr Loverman" played in the background as you cracked eggs and mixed ingredients. Both of you content and happy with just each others company and no talking.

Ryo sang the lyrics softly as you kept baking, occasionally stopping to read your book.

What can you say, multitasker at heart

"What are you reading?"

"Hm? Oh, Mrs. Peregrines!"

"Again?" His breath tickled your neck as he laughed at your answer.

"Yes again, what about it" you gave his head a small smack with the spoon in your hands and he lets out a noise of distress

"That's what you get" you say as you dust off any flour on your hands and he grumbles.

He grabs the tray that you just filled with batter and helps you put it in the oven.

Immediately when its all in the oven and your hands are empty he goes over to you and bends down, holding your head in his hands.

"Whats with you today" you say while chuckling but you hold onto himself as well

"I just love you so much"

It wasnt everyday he said it, but you enjoyed each and every time that he did say it.

He pulls you closer and gives you a kiss, its softer then normal and you wish it never ended.

At that moment it really hit you how much you mised him, he really had been gone for some time now. You didn't know where, assuming it was for the best.

You just hoped nothing bad happened to him when he did leave.

"I can feel you worrying" he says when he pulls back, your eyelids flutter open and you give him a small pout

"Im sorryyy"

"I told you, you don't have to be worried. I promise ill always come back to you"

He really did promise you that, and you know its true so you really shouldnt worry.

But...

"I said dont worry, one of these days ill take you with me, now come"

He takes your hand and you both fall back onto the couch, he plays with your hair as you read your book sometimes even asking you to read it to him.

You both almost fell asleep together then and there, but the ding of the oven rings through your house and you both almost fall off the couch.

You almost throw your book as you try your best to get off the couch and get to the kitchen.

You and Ryo always fought for the first baked good and this was no exception.

Leaving the book on a table you run to kitchen, almost slipping in the process. Ryo playfully sticks out his tongue out at you as you stumble and you dramatically gasp.

How could he!

When you get to the kitchen Ryo is already munching on something, even thought it was incredibly hot and fresh out of the oven.

You slap his hand as you try to get the baked things out of his hand but he snickers and runs around the kitchen.

Hes really become more playful, even after all hes gone through.

After all that running the things were going to go cold, you huff as you wipe sweat off your forehead and ice the goods that Ryo HASN'T eaten already.

He chuckles as he sits on the counter beside you, grabbing some of the icing and eating it himself.

You try to slap his hand away but he distracts you with a kiss, taking another baked good as he distracts you.

Later that day you both sat down together and ate all the other things you baked not so long ago, occasionally sharing frosting flavored kisses and small 'i love you's.

[1114 words; September 3, 2020]