Chapter 12: From action to reaction

Enjoy!
3rd PoV

Quiet sobs echoed through the house.

The girl shuffled further into the wall, trying to keep distance between herself and the silent man in the doorway.

The white latex masked stared soullessly into her frightened baby blue eyes.

This had gone on for fifteen minutes now.

A new voice called from outside the house. „Hello? I'm here."

The scared blonde whipped her head to the sound, but she couldn't see who it was.

The voice sounded female and... bothered by something. She seemed to try and cover it up though.

Of course she did.

Michael was a unique one. Mika was one of the few people he actually spoke to and she knew that, so Mika tried to push down her anger in order to keep up their friendship.

The Shape let out a grunt, signaling the Reaper his position.

„Hello Michael, why did you- call me..." The Reapers eyes landed on the injured Survivor.

The blonde was still bleeding from her side, her breathing ragged and tears streaming down her pain clouded eyes.

Mika set in action and pulled Laurie's arm from her side, checking the wound.

Laurie let out a hiss of pain, still staring at her brother standing motionless in the doorway.

Mika pulled a pack of bandage from under her small sweater and eyed the wound for a moment. Her eyes then trailed to the silent man, giving him a quiet plead.

After a brief moment he turned around and the Reaper began rolling up Laurie's shirt.

She gave a hiss of protest, but Mika shushed her gently and began slowly wrapping the bandage around her wound.

„You gotta speak to me Laurie, don't knock off or something." Mika muttered.

„Why..." the Survivor started. „Why do you have bandages with you?"

„My little Lu is pretty resistant to pain, but her wounds still need bandaging. I wanted to be prepared should she need it." the brunette Killer replied, tugging the end of the fabric under the bandage.

„So, how did that happen?" she asked after rolling her shirt back down. Mika clicked her tongue to let Michael know she was finished.

„Me and some other saw Luna going over a passage on the River and we followed. The Blight saw us and we got separated. He chased me."

Mika looked and Michael and he gave a brief nod.

She sigh. „Yeah. Talbot isn't the friendliest here. He keeps trying to get Luna as well."

The Reaper rose to her feet and took a few steps back, letting the Shape near her.

Laurie's blue eyes widened as he crouched down and picked her up bridal style. The trio walked outside.

Her breathing quickened as did her heart rate.

„Calm it Laurie, he isn't gonna hurt you. Right Michael?"