Jennie Kim

Jennie POV

Hi, my name is Jennie Kim. I am 20 years old and I live in South Korea. I have 2 people I love most in the world, Lisa Manoban, and Jongin Kim, "Kai" for short. They have been my bestfriends since we were 4, we have always been neighbors and we always did everything together. 

Things started to confuse me when I was about 14, that was when I realized that I started looking at Kai differently, my heart would skip a beat whenever he would hug me, kiss my cheek, or even just talk to me. Ever since then I have been going crazy.. when I was 18.. I finally told someone about these feelings.. I told Lisa, she seemed unbothered, like she knew I already felt this way. She has been my rock, making sure I never fall face flat. She has been with me through every heart break.. and by heart break.. I mean when Kai tells us that he is dating someone. 

This week Lisa and I decided to go to the college fair together. Kai is currently dating someone, and he said he would tell us who when the right time comes. It breaks my heart knowing that he is taken right now, but I guess it doesn't hurt as much since I have no idea who she is. 

*At the fair*

"Yaaah! Lisa! I told you I don't want to ride this stupid ride, that kid almost puked on me!" I yelled. "JenBaby, I am sorry, its just that no one else would ride it with me.. and you're supposed to be my bestfriend..." she pouted. I just rolled my eyes and pulled her to the ferris wheel.

"Okay, whatever, now its my turn to pick and I wanna go on the ferris wheel!" I said. Lisa took a step back.. "you know I am afraid of heights... I.. ca.. can't.. please jennie don't make me.." she begged. 

"whatever happened to "you're supposed to be my best friend.." huh??" I complained.. Lisa sighed and finally agreed to ride it with me. 

Half way towards the top of the wheel, Lisa kept her eyes closed the entire time. I couldn't help but find it super cute how she held on to my arm so tight. "Sheesh Manoban... open your eyes even for 10 seconds, don't be a wimp.. or else I'll tell Kai how weak you are." I laughed. "Yah, Jennie Kim.. you would find any excuse to talk to Kai.." she said while still closing her eyes and holding me tight.. she isn't wrong tho..

I was about to tell her to open her eyes again.. when something caught mine in the crowd below.. it was Kai.. holding hands with some blonde.. I felt my world fall apart... this one hit me different than the rest of the girls he dated.. because for once.. Kai took her out in front of all our school mates in this fair.. I wanted to stop breathing. 

I think Lisa noticed... she let go of my hand and said.. "Jen.. are you still there.. why are you quiet..?" she said with her eyes still closed.. I couldn't say anything.. all I wanted to do was cry.. Lisa finally opened her eyes.. and looked at me.. "What's wrong Nini?" she asked, I stayed quiet, shocked.. compelled by the pain... and Lisa looked down.. and she saw what I saw.. she took my hand, and told me to close my eyes.. and she said "When I am afraid.. I close my eyes.. what you can't see, won't hurt you.".. and that was when I closed my eyes, and thanked the Lord, for giving me Lisa. 

Moments after we got to the ground, my phone rang.. it was Kai.. "Hello?" I said, "Hey Jenjen, are you still with Lisa.. I want to introduce my two best girls to someone..".. he said over the line.. "Uh.. yeah.. we are about to head out though!" I replied acting as if it was no big deal. "Okay we are too! We will meet you by the exit! see you guys!" 

I had told Lisa what Kai had said, she immediately grabbed my hand and we ran to the back exit.. "THEY CAN'T FIND US IF WE LEAVE THIS WAY!" she yelled as we ran. Once again.. she saved me from my pain. 

We got into the car, we finally made it.. Lisa started the engine and said "While One Third of us is back in that fair.. where should the Two Thirds of us go next?".. she asked.. "Away.." is all I could say.. just then.. I heard a tap on my side of the car.. it was Kai..