Distance

*Flashback to the night Jennie drank*

Lisa POV

After we ate dinner we decided to go to some new roof top bar. Something about Jennie was odd tonight.. she looked sad.. I hope everything is okay with her. We don't really hang out so much anymore.. ever since we both got into relationships.. and I thought maybe it would be the best for now.. I needed to rid myself of my feelings for her so we could save our friendship, and I have really grown to love Rosie. I was happy..

I noticed that Jennie was drinking way too much tonight.. "Babe.. Jen is getting out of control. I think we need to take her home.. she drank way too much.. Kai won't like this." Rosie said, "Okay lets go." I said.. "No go ahead, Jisoo and I will take care of the bill and we will meet you back at your place." she said.. "No babe its late, I am not comfortable with you taking an uber this late at night." I replied

"Okay, then take Jennie home and come back for us. It will take us a while to pay for this bill anyway.. there is too much people out tonight." she kissed me and signaled me to go a head. 

*In the car*

I leaned close to Jennie to buckle her up.. when she said something that caught me off guard "Lisa.. I love Lisa.. Let it be me.." she said..

"Jen.. what?" I asked.. "Tell Lisa I want to be with her. I am in love with Lisa." she responded groggily.. "Jen you're drunk you don't know what you're saying.." I told her.. and she fell back asleep..

The entire drive home I was so confused.. why did she say that? did she mean it? she wants to be with me? Why now?.. what about Kai?

We finally got to her house, I carried her up to her room, and changed her clothes.. I tucked her in. I sat by the edge of her bed for a couple minutes trying to take in everything she said.. she finally woke up.. 

She told me she doesn't remember anything she said.. so I risked something then and there.. I kissed her.. maybe if it was real she would tell me after that.. but.. I was wrong.. I was hurt.. and I was embarrassed. I felt guilty about Rosie and Kai.. 

Jennie Kim.. only loves me as a friend. 

I stood up and left. 

*Present time*

"Hey baby, good morning!" Rosie comes in and kisses my cheek. "Good morning, babe. I missed you." I said as I pulled her closer for a hug. "You're awfully clingy today, Lisa. What did you do huh!" Rosie asked sarcastically.. 

I kissed Jennie.. I cheated on you.. you don't deserve me.. I wanted to say.. "Nothing silly, I am always clingy." I replied

We decided to get up and spend the day in the park.. she made a picnic basket for us.. she is the sweetest.. I am so damn lucky to have Rosie.. but the guilt is still killing me.. 

While we were walking to the park from my house.. I saw Jennie and Kai outside her house.. Rosie waved at them and they waved back, I just smiled and continued to walk.. I felt Jennie's eyes never leave me.. 

"Hold on babe let me get water." Rosie said as she got up and made her way to buy water across the street.. all of a sudden my phone rang.. it was Jennie..

"Hey Lis?" she said on the other line.. "Jennie.. whatsup?" I replied.. "We need to talk about last night.".. her voice cracked.. "there is nothing to talk about. you were drunk.. that was that.".. I said.. "but Lis.." I cut her off.. "and Jen.. maybe its best if we keep our distance for a bit." I hung up right after that. 

Rosie made her way back to me.. and we decided to get up and go somewhere else after eating.. I checked my phone and that's when I saw Jennie's text "It meant everything."

Jennie Kim.. Why now?