So Close

Jennie POV

It was about 1am when I told Lisa that I should head back over to Irene and Seulgi's room. I didn't want to stay the night.. not like this..

We agreed that we would both talk to Rosie, and be open about how we feel, before we let anything happen between us. 

Lisa took me to my room and kissed me on my forehead, she smiled at me and said "I will see you tomorrow." I closed the door as I watched her walk away. 

When I woke up on this not so fun to sleep in couch, I was preparing my thoughts on how to approach Rosie today, I assumed that Lisa already talked with her, and though I was excited to see how my new adventure with Lisa would be like... I was also worried about Rosie. 

I made my way out of the room when I saw seulgi about to come in.. "Jen! you slept so long, must have been a good couch huh." she laughed.. "Why don't you try sleeping there and tell me." I mocked. "hmm. I would but we are leaving today.. sorry!" she got back at me.. 

"Uhm.. Seulgs.. have you seen Lisa or Rosie?" I asked.. "Yeah! they left early this morning!!- I thought she told you last night. They said they had things to take care of... I was actually on my way to give you this." She handed me a letter. 

Lisa left?.. and with Rosie?.. My heart started to pound harder as I thought.. no.. I knew this would be the beginning of another heart break... might as well get it over with.. I opened the letter.

"Dear Jennie, 

I'm sorry. - No words can amount to how much pain I may be causing you now. All I can say is that I am sorry.. I am sorry that this isn't our time. I wanted it to be so bad... I wanted a life where I would get to wake up next to you. To begin our adventure together.. but sadly, I can't. It hurts to say that I can't be that person. Something happened that caused me to stay with Rosie... I can't leave her. I don't want to.. I hope one day I can explain this. I hope one day you will understand the decision I made. Know that it was not an easy one.. know that despite the situation I am in.. I love you so much. 

But for now.. I will steer clear of your way.. you were right.. maybe we both need to let go. I will miss you.. and I hope one day.. we will meet again.. maybe in another lifetime.. it will be right for us. - I won't ask you to wait anymore, Jennie. You deserve more than this world could ever give you. 

Goodbye, Nini. 

I will love you for always, 

Lili."

What I did next was something I didn't think I would do.. a normal reaction was to cry and be sad then finally move on.. but no.. I at least deserve answers.. I at least need to know why she can't or won't leave Rosie.. but still love me.. this was utter crap.. and it didn't make me sad.. It made me mad. 

I ran into the room and grabbed my phone.. from check out to boarding the plane... I kept calling her.. I didn't care how long it would take or if I bothered her.. I was going to get through to her and I wouldn't stop until I did. 

As we landed back home, I texted her.. "Lisa, I won't stop bothering you and calling you until you give me the explanation I deserve." moments later.. I finally got a response.. "I will come over tonight." she replied. 

Relieved that I heard back.. I couldn't help but feel uneasy because I knew that this was it.. the final end to what we could have been. We were just.. so close.