Swings

Jennie POV

I was walking towards the park we used to hang out at.. all I was thinking was how this was going to be.. what closure will finally be like.. a part of me was excited.. because then I would truly be able to move on and enjoy my time with V. 

As I approached the park.. I saw her there looking at the sky.. swinging.. she looks at me, with an unexplainable glimmer in her eye and she smiles, she signals me to sit on the swing next to her. 

"We had so many good memories here huh?" she said.. "Yeah.. way too many. Dumb ones too.. remember when you swung so high that you almost flew into the ground." I laughed... "Yeah that was funny..painful.. but funny." She said..

"So.. what did you want to talk about?" I got straight to the point.. "Jen, I just want to say I am sorry for leaving the way I did." she apologized.. "It's okay Lisa.. I may have not understood then.. but I do now. I have forgiven you already." I smiled... 

She looked at me and smiled back.. "Do.. do you think if I had stayed.. we would be here together.. happy and looking at the stars?" her voice cracked asking me.. "Hmm.. yeah. I do. but that wasn't the story that was meant to happen." I said feeling almost sad..

"I am happy for you Jennie, I hope you know that I did not ask to talk to win you back.. I see how happy you've been with him.. all your posts together, and seeing you with him yesterday.. you look at him almost like how you used to look at me." She teared up.. "He makes me happy, Lisa. I never thought I could love someone like that again. He is the reason I wanted to wake up in the morning, he made me forget about you." I admitted.. 

"As you should, Jennie. I spent months realizing that you deserved more than me, and I am glad you have that.. - but Jen.. can I ask you for one favor." she said as she stood up.. "What is it?" I looked up at her..

"Even though you forgot about me.. I hope you can remember that I loved you.. I always will." she said as she grabbed my hand getting me to stand up.. and she gave me the tightest hug. "Losing you was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.. but seeing you happy made it hurt less." she said.. I just stood there in silence because there was nothing left for me to say..

"Allow me to walk you home?" she volunteered, I nodded.. while nearing my door.. she gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead and said "I hope this last goodbye won't hurt you anymore. Goodnight, Jen." she spoke.. "Goodnight, Lisa." I said as I walked into my house closing the door behind her.. perhaps finally feeling that I have also closed the door on her for good.. A tear escaped my eye.. a good kind of tear.. one that closes our book and opens another one for me and my life now. 

The next day, I woke up remembering what had happened last night.. I was getting ready to go out with V when I checked my phone. I had a text from V and Kai.. 

"Babe. Can we move our date to tomorrow?- Something came up and I have to help my dad move his things. I promise to make it up to you tomorrow." V's message said.. I responded that there was no problem and I will see him tomorrow. 

"Jen.. Lisa... she got into an accident yesterday.. she's in a coma right now  in Seoul general." it read.. I immediately called Kai.. "What??? What happened?" I cried on the phone.. "I don't know the complete story, but she was on the way to Seulgi's when it happened. Apparently there were 2 guys who were trying to rob a girl and Lisa tried to help when the 2 men got into a car and hit her while trying to escape. The girl brought her to the hospital.- We were listed as her emergency contact but I don't think she knows that you changed your number." He said on the phone.. 

"I am on the way." I said as I hung up and rushed for my keys. 

As I arrived in the hospital I saw the entire gang in the lobby.. "Let us see her already!" Seulgi yells at the receptionist as Irene was trying to calm her down.. "Jennie..." someone called out to me.. It was Rosie.. she was holding Hope.. "R..Rosie.. how are you?" I asked.. "I am okay, I drove here as soon as Kai told me what happened to Lisa.. this isn't fair.. she doesn't deserve this." she said crying.. I hugged her and told her that it will be okay and that Lisa is a fighter. 

Hours later we were all still sitting in the lobby waiting for the doctor to update us on Lisa's situation.. "So.. how have you been?" Rosie asked me as Hope was sleeping on her lap.. "I have been good. but.. I just wanted to apologize for back then Rosie.. I never intended to get in the middle of your relationship." I said.. "Hey you don't need to be sorry, I was the one who made the mistake and as selfish as it is.. I don't think I can say I regret it.. because that mistake blessed me with the best gift I ever received." while looking at hope.. "but just so you know.. Lisa saved hope.. she kept me sane, kept me calm.. being with her made me feel secure.. but I knew what I had to do the moment Hope was born.. I knew I had to let her go because she always loved you." Rosie said with a faint smile.. 

I didn't want to hear this.. I don't want to feel things for her anymore.. I don't want to ruin what V and I have.. but why does it hurt hearing this? 

"She had to do what she had to do.. she made that choice, and I am glad she did. For you.. and for hope." is what I said.. "I wish things were different.. I wish I wasn't in that situation.. I wish she had the choice and I wish she chose you." Rosie said.. I was about to respond when the doctor finally came out of the OR.. we all stood up and gathered around him.. 

"She is stable. She lost a lot of blood, there was also nerve damage.. so there is a possibility she won't be able to see for a while.. or.. for good." He said.. Everyone in the room began to cry.. "I am sorry. Is there anyone I can talk to about her medication who will be with her for a while?" he asked.. Seulgi looked at Irene and she nodded.. "Us, she will stay with us. How can we help her best recover, doc?" Seulgi asked.. the doctor started giving Seulgi her medication and routines.. when a nurse approached me "Here are your girlfriend's belongings ma'am.".. - "Oh.. uh.. I am not her girlfriend.. just her friend." I said.. "Oh, I am so sorry. I just assumed because of the picture she had in her wallet was of the two of you." the nurse said as she left me with the belongings.. I took a look at the photo and it was one of our old college photos.. at the back it wrote "The day I knew I loved you.".. just like that I ran out crying. 

"Jen.." Kai ran after me.. "She is going to be okay.." he assured me.. "but what if she won't? what if she won't recover her vision.. I can't help but blame myself for telling her how happy I was now.." -"Jen you cannot blame yourself for decisions she has made." he said.. I was about to respond when Irene called us to say that Lisa is awake and wanted to speak with me..

I made my way to her room.. please be okay, Lisa.