Chapter 11

We made it to Ulm, Germany and landed in a clearing that's deep in the forest but I watch as Steve and Nat get off of the Quin Jet but I stayed on because I never been in a fight before and don't want too either. When the two look over and see how scared I am about this new mission for me but then Steve came over to me and gave me an encouraging pat on my shoulder along with a smile to which I smiled back and slowly followed them to where the secret base is at.

It's spring here so there's no snow at all but it isn't hot either so it's a perfect weather but we can see the base coming up in the distance as we got closer and Steve hold his hand up in a fist and I guess that means stop and hide because that's what Nat did and I quickly copied and kept my snipper pointed in the air and the safety is on.

"This is what we're going to do, Nat and I will go and take out the guards and Star can be our support if something goes wrong." Steve explained and I understand what support means and I'm glad that I'm the last line of defense if something goes south I'm backup.

Nat and I nodded and I went to go hide somewhere and watched as my two teammates easily knocked out the guards, they were just standing there talking and not even paying attention, then hide the bodies and went into the building. I sat outside hiding and tried to get comfortable but since my tail is in this skintight suit it's kind of hard so I just gave up and grabbed a knife from my boot and carefully cut a hole and let my long black tail out and put the knife back and kept a look out.

Steve did give me this ear phone thing so I can hear them but I have a hood over my head and mask that covers the bottom half of my face so only my eyes can be seen. As I waited I noticed that a truck is coming in but there's a tarp covering the tailgate of the truck so I pressed that one button that Steve told me to press if I need to talk to them.

"Guys, a truck just came in but there's a tarp on the back and I can't see what it is." I told them then let go of the button and waited for a response.

"Stay where you are and don't engage unless you have to." Steve answered and his voice sounded hushed.

I would reply back but I watched a guard look over so I stayed quiet and don't move while praying to my religion that Steve or Nat start to talk in the radio ear or else I'll be found out. As I watched closely at the truck, I noticed that a guy is looking at some kind of weapons that I never seen before and watched as he picked up a gun then checked it out. He looked over at his comrade and started to talk to him in German and the comrade nodded and pointed at a tree that I'm half hiding beside while the thick bush is covering me completely, but I stayed quiet and never moved.

The man that's holding the gun just pointed and look through it but never fired until I heard Steve called my name in the radio ear but it was a bit too loud and I quickly pressed the button to try and stop the talking but I heard a gunshot and my training quickly took in after hearing the shot and grabbed my snipper and easily take them out one by one but there are four enemies and I only took down three so there is one left and he's hiding behind the truck and trying to get in.

I shot the two tiers on the left side of the truck then lay on my stomach, aimed at the oil tank that's hanging a bit lover and after one shot in the tank after the last guy got in the truck; the truck exploded and I sighed in relief that it's over but when I looked at the three bodies on the ground and the fourth one burning in the truck, I then realized that I just killed people and started to shake badly because I NEVER killed anyone before, hurt and wounded yes but not kill.

My hands started to shake badly as I started to go into shock and breathed heavily but I kept hearing Steve calling my name so I used that as my life line and take in deep breathes to calm down as much as I can before I pressed the button to answer.

"I-I'm here, I'm ok." I said shakily and still trying to calm down.

"What happened?! Are you sure that you're alright?!" Steven asked very worried but also a bit relief as well.

I just answered back the 'I'm ok' part again and don't really want to explain what happened because it sounds like that Steve and Nat are coming back after getting what they're looking for.

"We're on our way so stay where you are." Steve said and all I could say was a small 'ok'.

I slowly sat up and leaned against the tree and felt a small gap and when I turned around to look at it, I noticed that the bullet missed me by an inch and I leaned back against the tree with a small quiet sigh of relief then pulled the zipper down to check on the steal healing and stitched up wound from two weeks ago and happy to see that the stiches didn't pulled out but my skin is an angry red so it's obvious it's going to start hurting badly once the shock wears off. I zipped the body suit up and waited of my two team mates to come out.

A few minutes went by, Steve and Nat came out to see three dead bodies and a still burning truck but they started to look of me so I just hold my arm up high in the air and hear them running over to me and see Steve in front of me first and clearly worried.

"She's in shock, must be her first time seeing people die.... especially by her own hands." Nat said/explained because she must of seen this a lot and all I could do is nod in agreement as Steve helped me up.

"When we get back just go take a nap or relax ok?" Steve said to me and I just let out a small 'ok' as we walk back to the Quin Jet.

Nat sat in the piolet seat and started to fly while Steve made sure that I'm ok before sitting down in the co-piolets seat and we fly back home but I looked out the window in a little daze and Steve called out to me while looking at me to make sure that I'm ok and I just nodded. It's like that all throughout the flight and back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Phoenix here! Now I have the schedule for this book and I'll be sending this out on Mondays and maybe Tuesdays if I can't update on Mondays, but I thank you all for the long wait and I'm sorry it took so long but my 2019-20 was very hard for me and I know that other people probably had it worse than me but my two years was still hard for me and just my life and I pray that everyone else is being safe and careful about covid-19. No I hope you all enjoy the new chapter! Phoenix out!