Chapter 8

A week went by and they're still looking for me even though I'm right under their noses and Bucky doesn't tell them I'm right here and just play a long with it and right now everyone left to look for me somewhere out in the city or something but as for me, I'm laying on the couch, still in wolf form may I add because there are cameras everywhere and FRIDAY will let them know what I really am.

I lay there listening to the radio when a song called Thunderstruck comes on and I start to move my tail a little bit with the song because to me it sounds catchy even though I'm from a different time all thanks to HYDRA. As I lay there listening to the song, I start to have the sudden urge to use the bathroom so I went up to Tony's room and used it right there at the door, he kept calling me a mutt and a good for nothing 'dog' so I'm just going to keep leaving presents for him when he gets back from trying to find me.

Once I'm out of his room and walked back to the living room but stopped when I felt something that isn't right and it's making me go on edge and I don't like it. I start to sniff the air and a scent that is all to familiar and never want to smell ever again but yet here it is. I slowly followed the scent all the way down some kind of stairs and all the way to what looks like a garage with a lot of cars here but also Tony's Iron Man suites and someone in head to toe in black but there is one thing that stands out is the HYDRA symbol and that made me growl loudly and to get his attention.

I watched as the guy slowly turned around and just looked at me, even though I can't see fear on his face because he's wearing a mask but I sure can smell it and it smells like garbage, that's the best way I can put it but I also guess he hasn't taken a bath for a few days. I slowly stalked towards him still growling and showing my wolf canines at him.

I watched the guy closely as he quickly pulled out a gun and tried to shoot me but I quickly dodged and attacked him, he tried to shoot me one more time but he missed and I bit him hard on the arm and shaking my head violently as the man screamed in pain and trying to get me off but that's not going to work. I hold onto his arm and kept shaking my head, tearing into his flesh and tasting the blood in my mouth which I didn't care at the moment. I was about to let go and tried to am for his neck but I head it before I felt it, a gun went off and I fell to the floor as I felt the pain in my stomach from the bullet wound and I watched as he tried to reload his gun but I'm not going to let that happen.

I got up and did my best to ignore the pain and attacked him again while he's distracted which is the number one rule when you're fighting, never get distracted or you're dead and that's what this guy is going to be. I jumped in mid ran and grabbed his neck right when he looked up and brought him down and didn't let go until I heard the HYDRA agent's heart no longer beating and that's when I let go of him and start to walk slowly to the stairs so I can wait for everyone to arrive and hope that they'll come soon. But I only managed to make it to Tony's desk and fell down on my side because the world was already starting to spin, I lay there and start to think of my parents. I thought of my father that I managed to see because he was stationed in our home time and only get to see us once a week but ended up leaving and never came back home for good, then I start to remember my mother before I was taken from HYDRA and I don't even know that she's even alive. Then I start to think of Bucky who's like a father to me and he tried to protect me than finally Steve, the man that I just met and was my hero during the war and still is even today and the connection that I have with him.

'I'm going to die here without knowing if I could even say goodbye to my mother for the last time or even see Bucky, Steve, and the others ever again.' I thought and I was about to close my eyes but stopped when I heard a door open and people walking and talking but there was one voice that I heard plane as day. 'Steve!' I thought happily and tried to get up but failing and I even tried to bark or howl or something to get his attention but it just sounded like a low growl so I did the next best thing. I summoned some water that was on the desk then turned it into ice. 'I hope this works.' I thought and prayed at the same time, then scent the ice ball through a window hard enough to make the glass break into a million shards.

I heard running foot steps coming to the stairs and coming closer until everyone is there, I whimpered a little to get their attention and watched Steve looking at me first then quickly came over when he sees that I'm laying in my own blood. Everyone else went to check on the dead HYDRA guy but the only people to stay was Bucky and Tony, Tony checked on me and Bucky gave me a worried look. "The wound is too deep and she's loosing too much blood, sorry Cap but she won't make it." Tony said.

Steve was sad but Bucky was angry and sad at the same time but as for me, I'm not going down without a fight and when I saw Bucky looking at me with pleading eyes to shift back to human but I just moved my tail twice as in a no but I can tell he's not having it and I already knew what he's going to say and I'm letting him do the explaining. "Wolfie, if you don't shift back then I'll make you!" Bucky yelled at me and everyone just gave him confused looks while I growl at him and give him a you-wouldn't-dare look. "Oh I would dare." Bucky replied.

Everyone just kept looking at Bucky like he just lost it and when they all were about to start talking, I started to shift back to my tan skin, long white blond hair and my 20 year old body. I'm also glad that I get to shift my clothes on because last time I shift, Bucky had to give me his big shirt; I'm wearing a black shirt, black plants, and black boots that goes up to my knees. "Happy now...?" I asked weakly. "Yes." Bucky said then quickly wrap my wound up then gently picked me up to take me to the medical room. After a few hurry steps going up the stairs, I started to see black spots and soon passed out from blood loss but the only thing that I could think of was, what Steve would say about me?