Chapter 14

I walked to a old folks home with Steve because I didn't want to go alone and Bucky doesn't go out very much for reasons. The reason why we're here is because my mother is still alive and were told that she's living here so hopefully I could just see her. I'm also wearing a beanie hat to cover my ears and a nice long dress to cover my tail, my hair is in a braid and I'm wearing nice shoes that goes with the dress.

   We went up to the front desk and I smiled kindly. "Hello I'm here to see Ms. Silverfeather." I said politely and the lady at the desk told me where her room is so we walked there.

    We past a few nice older people to which we said our hellos then made it to the door, I hold my hand up in an easy ball and was about to knock but freezed and started to rethink almost everything. Will she remember me? Will she be happy to see me? Will she understand about what happened in 1949?

   I shake my head a little to clear it, take a deep breath and gently knocked on the door, I heard a "Come in" from the other side so I gently opened the door and see my mother. She maybe older, with gray hair and wrinkles but it's still obvious to me that she hasn't changed a bit.

    Mother looked up from the photo book and her eyes went wide with surprise then she started to tear up just like me. "Is that you my little Star?" She asked and all I could do is nod and ran over to her and hugged her as tightly as I could and she does the same as we both cried in happiness.

"I missed you so much mom, everyday I would think about you." I told her between tears as I hide my face in the crook of her neck.

"I missed you even more." She said as she holds me a bit closer and we just sat there holding each and I didn't notice that Steve left and closed the door to give us some mother daughter alone time.

   We let go of the hug and started to dry our tears and she started to tell me what happened. Apparently after I was kidnapped my mother called the cops and her neighbors and they all looked for me but when they didn't find me everyone gave up but my mother. She spent every second of every day to look for me she even married one of the cops that still helped her in the search, they had a son to which that caught me by surprise that I have a little brother.

    My mother told stories about me to my brother and he would help look for me when he got older but it also somehow encourage him to become and FBI, my stepfather died when he was in his 90s, my brother is still working and coming to visit mother on his off days and even bring his wife and two kids but he never once stopped looking for me.

    I smiled but also cried a little because if I wouldn't of been kidnapped then I would have a good stepfather and have a sibling to teach and help and be there for him, even having sibling fights. I know that doesn't sound right but as a single child back then I wouldn't care. She then pulled out the photo book and start to show me pictures and telling the stories of the pictures and most of them was funny and I stayed with her and never left for the rest of the day just catching up and her giving me, my brother's phone number so I could try to call him and meet him and his family, to that I wouldn't mind at all.