Chapter 7

Mo POV

Finally today is our last day of exams and we are done! We just got out of our music exam, which I thought I aced. I know conceited but I studied really hard after the practice/study session. Our class walked into our hallway and I opened my locker. Everyone started screaming and celebrating, we are done! It was just a gigantic party that everyone was enjoying. I looked around and Stella had started a conga line which most of our class had joined, even Olivia did but by the looks of it Wen had talked her into it.

I laughed, Stella is always doing something brave and outgoing. I put my last book music history in and ugh it's heavy. Almost dropping it a hand quickly catches it. The person's hand is on top of mine and as I look up I see these sort of dark brown eyes and almost drop the book but he catches it again.

I stand up, put some of my hair behind my ear saying, "Um, Hey Charlie, What's up?" He hands me my textbook and smiles. Wow his smile, "um nothing just saw you putting your stuff in and decided to help." I nodded and he continued, "So we're finally done our exams right?" I nodded, "Yup all 10 of them" I smiled and he chuckled. "So how you gonna celebrate?"

I looked over to the conga line that was still keeping up. He looked at them and said, "I don't know, I wanted to thank you for um helping me study, since you know I'm stupid." I slung my bag over my shoulder and started to walk out and he followed me, "Charlie, I don't think your stupid, when you really put your mind to it, you're really determined!"

He smiled and I felt really good for making him feel better and maybe something else under that. "Mo, um so to celebrate do you wanna come over like on Saturday?" Is he asking me out? Wow he's asking me out! "Um, Charlie…" He looked down like he knew the answer already, "Yes, Charlie I'll come over on Saturday." He smiled so big I swear, I'd never seen a smile that big. He put his stuff in the car, waved, got in and they drove away.

I stood and waited for my dad to come and pick me up. None of us have our driving licenses except for Stella. She had taken her exam one month after she turned 16 starting driving classes a day after. I could talk my driving exam it's just I'm not confident in my driving yet. Charlie, Olivia and Wen haven't turned 16 yet. My baba came shortly after Charlie's car left and I smiled as I got in. He started to talk about how I should be thinking of my future but I zoned out after a while thinking about Charlie.

Charlie POV

Today is Saturday and I'm sitting in my room thinking about how lucky I am. Mo finally accepted to go out with me, I mean she's the girl I've been crushing on since I walked through those MESA high doors. I of course had tripped over something being the clumsy me and ended up being late for class. I like the fact that her Indian beauty, intelligence and popularity with everyone had just radiated through her. She didn't try to be beautiful, she didn't try to be smart well other than the fact she studies a lot and everyone just loves her smile and laugh. I can't help but smile or laugh when she does and end up embarrassing myself.

A little ring tone rang and I got a text, I walked up to check who it was from, Stella of course bothering me over the weekend. Other than Mo, Stella was the second closest to me in the band. Olivia and Wen are of course close with me but they are usually together. I love Wen's sense of humour and Olivia's song writing ability but I've gotten closer with Stella because she's taught me to be more outgoing. For Scott, I just haven't learned to trust him yet especially since he broke Mo's heart. Stella had text me saying, "Hey Delgado, how'd you think you did on your exams?"

I replied with, "I don't know above 80. Why?"

She replied quickly with, "No duh, I mean how high?"