Chapter 9

Mo POV

A blaring alarm woke up, so I got out of my bed, as usual I did my morning routine of getting ready put some lip gloss on and got in my dad's car. Today we're getting our exam marks and performing our music projects. I got to school right on time and went to first period, sat down next to Stella and prepared to see my mark for my math exam 93 alright I thought I could improve though. The rest of the day went quick with the same thing as we got each exam and we were told how we could improve and that they would see us at the dance on Friday at the end of class.

Finally we went to music class and Ms. Reznik put our names into a hat to choose the order. Me first, then Wen, Liv third and Stella is last. Ms. Reznik went on the stage first to explain what is going to happen, "Okay so now you know the order of who's performing, I will evaluate your melody, how you perform as a group, how you perform individually and your use of instruments. It will be marked out of 100 and each section will be 25 points maximum. Lastly it will be 30% of your mark just like all of your other teachers did. Oh and once the group before you is done go ahead and set up. I will be giving comments on your performance at the end of everything" I started to hyperventilate 30% I really hope Charlie will do fine.

So my new group went on stage, I'm actually really surprised Charlie came to school today, still looks bad though, so he went to drums, I took out my violin stood in front of the mike, Shania stood at the keyboard lastly Oliver plugged in his bass guitar.

Charlie was playing the drum really well for someone who didn't practice with the band, my face just turned from anxious to relaxed and I started to play the violin part that I composed and then put my violin down to start singing at the same time that Shania and Oliver started playing their parts while Charlie stopped.

So long to electric fences

Not much left for me to run from now

Guess I'll turn myself around

I turned my head to the right. after I made a fist with my arm in front of my face and brought it down. Then extended it as it was a wing. I put my left hand behind my ear and then pointed to myself.

I'm putting down my defenses

These wings are gonna take me off the ground

It's freedom's sweetest sound

And I'll admit that I was wrong

And it's obvious that I'm

Finally taking my fist down

I put both hands back on the mike and sang louder for the chorus which we all played. I stomped my foot on the ground to the beat getting into this song, I have to say this song was pretty nice since it was the first song I wrote.

Would you stop and take a look at me now?

Could you stop and take a look at me now?

I pointed at Scott since he was practically standing in front of me.

When you're standing right in front of me

You're looking at the positive that was negative

Would you stop and take a look at me now?

I played my violin and put more feeling into it and then continued to sing this time with Charlie playing the second part.

Don't know what you get tomorrow

Not sure where I want to go tonight

Isn't that what life's about?

I pretended to push my fears and worries away with my hand, then pointed forward and shook my head. I took a step forward and continued holding that note.