07 | Introspective: I

100%
██████████

⚠️WARNING⚠️
SEMI-SMUT SCENE AHEAD

Word Count: 4,984

__________________________
▲‌

༄ Once, I asked Link if he knew of the world outside of Ordona Province. He would say he doesn't and that he doesn't remember much of his whereabouts when he was a small child.

I'm not stupid.

     I could feel the hesitation in his motives. I always felt there's something he knew that he never told anyone. He'd act as if there is no world outside of Ordon. If he was aware of it, he didn't care for it.

     Why do I ask this, you may wonder?

     Because, what in my past has me so tangled up? And who wouldn't want to see what's out there?

     I've been thinking of events in my past all day as I milk the goats and rake their spaces.

     In Ordon, I feel peace. I like it here. I do not believe that my troubles came from this place, it was before. I've tried hard to forget many things, and it's worked, especially when I had Link and the rest as a distraction back then.

     But now, I want to recall.

     The only thing I've summed up is how much I'd end up in different places, I don't recall having a specific home. Although, maybe at one point I probably did before the mess. But I was never alone. My mother, she was always there, always in a hurry, always on the run.

But why? I don't remember.

     My mother, she was strange. She would show me things of the earth and miracles of Hyrule. I never understood, much less do I remember.

     My head hurts thinking of such things. There is too much I cannot recall, it is causing me frustration and migraines.

What if?

. . .

     I stopped raking for a second as I leaned my hands and chin on the handle's end.

What if that box has the answers?

. . .

     I shook my head as my eyes squint shut.

No.

     I won't open that box.

     It would be easy you say, to just open a stupid box and find out what is inside it. Not for me. There are negative feelings I associate with that box and never did I ever open it. I do not intend to now, little me understood why I shouldn't. If I shouldn't back then, I shouldn't now.

     I began raking again, a bit aggressively than before.

     "Hey, Y/N," I heard Fado call. I looked up, he was leaning on the other side of the gate watching me. "Yes?" I answered, but my work did not falter. "You're okay?" He asked.

I don't like that question.

     "Yes," I affirmed. There was a short silence, for the exception of the rake brushing through the hay.

     "You're workin' hard today."

     "Yes."

     There was silence again. I heard him give a sigh, "Y/N, I know you are upset that anybody would let Link slip past your fingertips. I understand, I just—"