14 | Gnossienne: IV

100%
██████████

⚠️WARNING⚠️
Blood & Injury

A/N
Heya!
I've got some important announcements!
First of all, it took me a while to publish a new chapter because I've completely re-edited all my chapters. Therefore yes, I did change a couple things about the story which include:

1. More lively interactions between characters in the first chapters.
2. New details. One would be that Coro actually stitched up Y/N's wound, so I've rewritten that section.
3. Better grammar and explanations.
4. Y/N no longer actually took the box with her mothers name on it with her, she only took her apophyllite pendant and her mother's picture. I figured the box would be too much of a burden.

That'll be all for now!
Enjoy!

gnossienne
n. a moment of awareness that someone you've known for years still has a private and mysterious inner life, and somewhere in the hallways of their personality is a door locked from the inside, a stairway leading to a wing of the house that you've never fully explored—an unfinished attic that will remain maddeningly unknowable to you, because ultimately neither of you has a map, or a master key, or any way of knowing exactly where you stand.

Published: June 11th, 2021
Word Count: 10,053

__________________________
▲‌

     ༄ "I don't want to do this you know," Link spoke out softly after he removed himself from beside you.

You were sound asleep but his movements woke you, feeling his weight press down on the opposite edge of the bed. His sudden words pierced the silent atmosphere and startled your ears to perk.

What is he still doing up? Do what?

"Any of this."

Your eyes opened widely by the possible chance of an answer to your thoughts.

What the hell is he on about?

Quietly and still, you listened in on the mess he was to spill. Usually it's something major when you have a therapy session with yourself at night, right?

However, he kept his silence, furthering your confusion. You were beginning to become unsure if he'd speak again until a charming chuckle escaped him. "Good to see you've been changing your mind, little by little," he whispered with a completely friendly change of character.

Is he. . .talking to someone or something?

What thought other than that was more reasonable? It felt unlikely that he would speak out of context like that. Unless. . .

Oh Hylia. . .has Link gone mad?

His weight fell back against the bed again, a long sigh escaping his lips. You felt you should try and talk to him, but it would be probable that it'd weird him out or lead him to believe you might've been eavesdropping. Maybe it would be best left a question for another day, especially after the previous encounter.

He wouldn't spill anyway. He never really does.

▲‌

Huff. . .huff. . .huff.

     ༄ Deep within the forests of Faron, you ran as fast as your feet could carry you. Quickly taking peeks behind yourself, you occasionally stumbled as you desperately searched for any possible safe location to find refuge in. Your attempts however, were to no avail.