08 | Introspective: II

100%
██████████

Word Count: 3,006

__________________________
▲‌

     ༄ Box. A box. Boxes. All I dreamt about last night were boxes, just like the one I'd rediscovered.

It had been three days since my last dream, and ever since then, I have not been able to rest easy. I'm nervous, jumpy, impulsive. I've been coming to work late, I've overslept, I eagerly try to get home as soon as I'm off work and sleep.

I need to sleep.

"Maybe it's some type of sign," Fado suggested, leaning against the barn's wall. He watched me stressfully broom out the middle of the barn for clearance and maintenance. "You have eye bags, Y/N." I sighed, "yes."

"Have you been sleeping well?"

"Yes!"

More than well. Too much.

He stayed quiet for a while longer. These last 3 days Fado and I have been getting closer since we are the only ones nearest in age now. We only ever see one another as well. I told him about my dreams, the one in which I'd danced with a familiar stranger and the box one. He tries to help me but I know I am not being easy.

     Yesterday I had gone to Uli's and Rusl's a while. Rusl left the village yesterday morning, claiming he was going on a mission after the children and hopefully find Link all well. I saw him off with his wife who was considerably upset about it. She told me she didn't want to lose more than she had to, but Rusl didn't want to listen to her. I assured her of his words, that all would be okay. Rusl is a strong man known to all, so she was then half assured.

     A long sigh interrupted my thoughts. "Y/N, go home," Fado huffed, standing up from his leaned position.

     I was almost tempted to take the offer, but it could've only been a trick. Maybe he's testing me. I can't lose this job.

     "No," I stood my ground. He shook his head with a slight snicker. He then began walking up to me. I stopped what I was doing and stared at him in confusion. Once he was near me, he looked down at me and simply patted my head, "hard worker. I like you. You remind me of Link." My harsh eyes turned soft as I stared up at him. I felt flattered, but my heart melted at Link's name.

     He stared at me a couple seconds more before he walked off past me to get to work on cleaning out the goats hooves, stall by stall. I gazed down at the ground sadly before continuing my work.

     One thing has not left my mind. The way she danced with me that night. I try to mimic the way she moved but I can't. I want to see her again.

▲‌

     ༄ It had been about an hour now and my work was finally done. Fado was barely done with one side of the goat stalls in the barn. I decided to check out a while to rest. "I'm gonna go rest a while in the back!" I yelled as I made my way to the back room of the barn. "Alright," I heard Fado reply softly.

     In the back, I made myself comfortable on a hay bale.

Link, huh?

     I memorized the features of his face and his hypnotically beautiful blue eyes. I missed him.

     A lot.

     Something about him made me feel safe. I always question why he had to leave or why he has that weird green tunic on, but the days have given me closure. Well, I'll never feel real closure, but I have stopped asking questions I know won't be answered.