13 | Gnossienne: III

100%
██████████

Published: May 16, 2021
Word Count: 9,515

A/N
Hello!
I apologize for the long wait. I've been pretty busy and rather. . .unmotivated, but I definitely wanna keep updating this story considering I have so many plot plans set in place for it. Thank you for your patience!

Also! Special thanks to -scxorpio !
I appreciate you enjoyed my story enough to be inspired to write your own!
Much love <3

__________________________
▲‌

     ༄ A man of which you do not know recently slept in your presence. A boy from back home whom you knew nothing of his essence. He came to you one day, he related to your prepubescence. Of himself, he never told, but in his strength you found credence. Soon, in that small village, you both grew into adolescents. Little did you know that you were only to be evanescent.

Once, your mother told you she loved you. In fact, she was the first to ever tell you that in your life.

'I love you,' she said.

. . .before she left you.

'Everything I do, I do out of love,' your uncle would yell.

Love, huh?

Love.

▲‌

     ༄ Link never returned this morning. All that was left were the cold wrinkled sheets in the space you thoughtfully reserved for him.

     Fixing the bed, you had an expressionless look about you. At this point, although sad to admit, you were accustomed to his usual disappearances. You felt silly to believe that perhaps it was possible he'd go through with his word, but no matter. What's it worth beating yourself over for? Not like you totally didn't know your way around the maze-like streets of the castle at all or anything.

      A sad chuckle escaped you.

     Truth is, you couldn't get much sleep in last night. You'd twist and turn and it would often get cold, so you'd curl up but even then it felt insufficient. You felt alone, concerned. . .maybe even abandoned, like a lost puppy.

     Hah. . .how sad.

     But at the very least, you didn't run off to find just any owner.

     Last night, Vince and you departed after he walked you to the inn you're staying in.

     Your last conversation at the balcony went a little bit like: