04 | Monachopsis: IV

100%
██████████

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
ABUSE
BLOOD & INJURY

Word Count: 4,608

__________________________
▲‌

     ༄ "You're an idiot," he breathed, kicking me over once more. My waist was already bruised up on both sides and breathing was becoming difficult for me. "I told you to have this cleaned by the time I returned!" He snapped again, grabbing me by my already knotted, messy hair as he forced me to stand up. I winced, breathing heavily in fright. "Does this look clean to you?!" He shoved my face towards the sink, forcing me to look at the dirty plates I hadn't gotten to before he returned home. "Do they?!" He yelled again, and I shook my head hurriedly.

     He threw me back against the ground and I struggled to crawl away fearfully. He placed his big boot, compared to my little feet, on my ankle. "Don't," he warned. I froze, squinting my eyes shut. I heard him sigh and I opened my eyes slightly to see him turned away from me, the fireplace in front of him silhouetting his figure. I could tell he had his fingers pressed up against the bridge of his nose.

     "It's that little Ordon boy, the one from the ranch that keeps you distracted from your tasks, isn't it?!" He growled, "it is!" He turned back towards me again as I frantically shook my head. He rushed up to me, kneeling down beside me and he grabbed my cheeks with a single hand. His force pressed against my cheeks so harshly I could feel the pressure hurting through my teeth.

     "Speak when you are spoken to."

     He gave me a last glare before jerking my head away, standing back up to plop down on his seat beside the fire. "You won't see him tomorrow, you'll stay in all day," he began, facing away from me into the fire. "If I find out you escaped, 'Silent Princess'," he mocked my nickname.

     "May the goddesses help you," he threatened.

     I held my tears back and facing the ground, I lifted my torso up from the floor.

Why did he have to use that nickname?

     "Get to cleaning," he demanded and kicked back on his seat, flinging a bottle of whiskey that rested by him towards his lips. I immediately got up and made my way to the sink, very timidly.

     I turned the faucet on, grabbing a sponge to begin cleaning. As soon as I grabbed the first plate, I wiped it once to see my subtle reflection.

     My face was clean, no bruises. The way he left me so that no one would suspect a thing. If only anyone would see beneath my clothes, they would find the real damage.

▲‌

     ༄ "Mmph," I quietly groaned, my heavy eyelids blinking slowly. My vision was blurred and all I saw was green. . .grass? A sudden smell hit me. Gods, it smelled awful. I finally managed to fully open my eyes and I was able to confirm that I did see grass, but, it was moving.

Or was I?

     My hands clenched so the numbness in my arms could leave me, and when my sense of touch returned to me I felt a thick coat of fur clutched in my hands.

What?

     Suddenly I heard the sound of a hog, and my eyes widened.

     Before I could fully comprehend what was going on, I began struggling and kicking, but a force held me down. I looked beside me to see a green monster stare into my eyes with its bright red creepy orbs. I yelled, struggling even harder and it began to panic, wrapping its long, nasty arms around my waist to restrain me.