Home

(time skip 1 week) 

I flop down onto the sofa sighing contently. It's amazing how quickly the house became home. There is now two X-wings parked at the back of the garden and Poe attempted to start a vegetable to bed but his dad took over and it all looks great. Inside the house is officially finished except for painting which I'm doing a little bit at a time. The guest room and our room is complete and we now have an almost complete kitchen set. 

The living room is probably my favorite place. There are pictures covering one wall and a large window on the one opposite so light streams into the room. It turns out our neighbors are Poe's old school friends Harry and Lisa Carpt so that was a nice surprise.

There is a soft knock at the door and BB-4 rolls over beeping I chuckle "Yes that's my dad and Leia." I walk over to the door opening it grinning "Welcome." Leia smiles brightly "Well it didn't take you long to make this feel like home." I smile letting them walk in before shutting the door gently "Yea, I love it here." Dad looks around "Where's your husband?" I smile walking through to the kitchen "He went to the market to buy food." he nods slightly "Would you like a drink?" Leia nods "Tea would be great." they both sit in the living room and I carry a tray through placing it on the table in the middle of the room.

"Something about you seems different." I settle into my seat "Dad I'm fine." he nods looking me in the eyes "I can sense something different though almost like two heartbeats." I smile slightly ghosting a hand over my stomach managing to say a weak "Surprise." Leia beams "Your pregnant?" I nod "I've know for about a week now." she stands and sits next to me hugging me lightly "Congratulations. Have you had a scan yet?" I shake my head and turn to dad who is just sitting there in silence before a smile gradually spreads across his face "I'm going to be a grandfather?" I nod and smile "Yes. But you can't say anything I haven't told Poe yet."

Leia's face softens "Why not?" I fiddle with the rings on my finger "I don't know, I'm scared of  how he'll react." Leia smiles "Y/N Poe loves you, I'm sure he'll be over the moon." I nod slightly grinning "I'm going to need as much help as you can give I know nothing about raising a child." Leia smiles "I'd love to help." I hug her again "Thank you." she nods "You need to book a scan though to make sure the baby is healthy." I nod "Alright scan first then I'll tell Poe." 

Luke stands and I walk over wrapping my arms around him "I'm going to be a grandfather." I smile into his shoulder "Yes you are." BB-4 rolls over beeping and I smile "You booked an appointment at the medical clinic? Thank you." she beeps again "In an hour?" Leia chuckles "I'll go with you if you'd like?" I nod sitting down "That would be great."

"Y/N?" I stand and run over to Poe giving him a hug "How was the market?" he grins dumping two bags on the kitchen counter "Same as usual. Hi Leia, Luke." he hugs Leia and shakes Luke's hand. "Luke why don't you and Poe catch up, I'm going to look around with Y/N." she takes my hand and we walk outside "I hope you know where the medical clinic is because I have no idea." I laugh and nod "It's this way."