「8; when life gives you lemons」

If Jimin was to say that his mother took the information well, that would be a lie.

   She definitely freaked out and went all protective momma on him.

    One thing led to another, and an hour later they are on their way back to school. Areum had not taken any excuses from the principal, pretty much just growled at him and threatened to sue the school if he did not set a meeting for them right now.

    The meeting turns out pretty similarly, Areum not standing down until Daehyun is permanently expelled.

    "Miss, I can't expel a student who only frightened your son by telling him that he likes him. That would be very out of line, don't you agree?" The principal says with a tired sigh.

    "Did you hear me? This student also drugged my son with the intention to take advantage of him!" Areum exclaims, in disbelief.

    "That is something you would have to discuss with the police. I can only control what happens on school grounds. I can expel mr. Yung for two weeks because of violation of privacy on another student but nothing more, unfortunately. You did say that he touched you and did not step back even as you told him to, right Jimin-ssi?" The principal looks to Jimin.

    Jimin snaps out of his thoughts as he hears his name, "Yes," He confirms.

    "Then the following is what will be the outcome of this: mr. Yung will be notified of the issue and receive a consequence of two weeks expulsion starting next week. There is nothing more I am allowed to do without the police's judgment," the man declares.

    Areum is about to protest, but Jimin puts a hand on her's, "Eomma, it's okay. Thank you for your time, sir," He says, pulling his mother up with him to leave.

    "Is it really okay, Jimin? I think we should go to the police," Areum stresses as they walk out of the building.

    "No, I don't want that. We don't have any valid proof, anyway. It would just be stressful in vain. It's not that serious, he just gives me these weird vibes. I'll manage. It's not like he can do anything drastic in school. There are students and teachers everywhere," Jimin reasons, mostly trying to convince himself.

    "I never want you to wander off alone, okay? At least he'll be gone for two weeks, but I still think that it's not enough," Areum huffs, driving out of the parking lot.

    "Yeah..." Jimin mumbles, leaning against the window.

    "Whose party was it? I can at least call and tell the one responsible to be just that. Responsible," Areum continues to grumble, and Jimin tenses up.

    He didn't think of that.

    "Um... about that..." Jimin trails, avoiding his mother's eyes as she glances at him quickly.

    "Jimin, what? What is it?"

    Jimin bites down on his bottom lip, turning to look at Areum with big eyes as she keeps her's on the road.

    Areum glances at him again, mimicking his big eyes with her expectant ones, "Spill it, Jimin."

    "It-it may have been... Jeon Jungkook's...?" Jimin trails, the words coming out more like a question.

    Jimin almost thinks his mother is going to hit the brakes with how loud her 'What?!' is, and he winces.

    "But it wasn't his fault! Anyone can come to his parties and Hyunwoo was probably out of town and didn't know about it and Jungkook actually helped me after and let me sleep over and the guy who drove me home was his friend and I-"