「13; soft pop」

"I told you that I didn't want it to be them!" Jungkook huffs as he walks out of school with Taehyung.

    "But why the fuck not? They're cool!" Taehyung calls back, tired of Jungkook giving him an attitude ever since the conversation at the library.

    "I've told you why! You shouldn't have fucking gone against me and asked them to hang out!"

    Taehyung stops near his motorbike and looks into Jungkook's equally as pissed off eyes, "So I should just go with whatever you want and ignore what I want? Like your fucking your lapdog? Why are you even acting up about this? You're not really on your period so what is it?"

    Jungkook puffs out a long breath, trying to calm his temper. He has heard the word period too many times today.

    "I don't fucking know. Sorry," Jungkook sighs, running a hand over his face, "I didn't mean that you shouldn't do what you want. But you could have just kept me out of it."

    "Well, sorry for just wanting to help you get some more friends," Taehyung says, sarcasm lacing his voice.

    Jungkook feels his anger turn into something more similar to defeat, "You know me, Taehyung. You know that it's not that easy for me."

    Taehyung sighs, "I do. I just really think that this will be good. For both of us, but mostly you. You're so stressed lately and I know that it's because people are entering your life without your permission. But to be honest, that's life, Jungkook."

    Taehyung sounds almost frustrated as he continues, "People come and go and sometimes you can't control it. You just adapt and try to enjoy the ride. I'm trying to get you to be a little open minded."

    "Everyone isn't out to get you, man. Anyway, how will you know if you don't put yourself out there? I know you have, and I know that it turned out ugly, but maybe this is your time. You thought Minji seemed nice, right? That's a good thing! Maybe karma is on your good side this time around," Taehyung finishes with a pat on Jungkook's shoulder, hope in his eyes.

    Jungkook is at a loss for a response for a moment, meeting Taehyung's searching gaze.

    "I guess..." He finally says silently, feeling heavy. He's already had this conversation with his sister and to be having it again without any progress makes him feel defeated. It almost feels like he's a toddler and his friends are his parents.

    Taehyung smiles gently, "Yeah? You'll come tomorrow?"

    Jungkook nods, nibbling at his piercing.

    Taehyung smiles more playfully, "You think you can try not to death glare at anyone this time?"

    Jungkook huffs out a laugh, pushing Taehyung towards his motorbike, "Fuck off. I didn't death glare," He says, walking towards his car

    "You definitely did. I hope they'll look past it because of your man-period," Taehyung calls after him.

    Jungkook flips him off, hearing a chuckle muffled behind a helmet before Taehyung's bike roars to life and takes off.

    Jungkook follows after Taehyung the first few blocks before parting ways to go home.

    He doesn't even know himself why he had such a short fuse today. He has felt on edge all week. Ever since the date with Minji. Today it had it's peak, he guesses. It's probably because of the fact that he agreed on going to her reading today and the anxiety that comes with not smoking for a few days.

   When Taehyung brought up his father something was stirred inside of him and then when Jimin's friend said that Jimin has a date it provoked a whole storm, which is really freaky.