「23; bullseye」

The day after is odd.

Jimin unwillingly tries to catch Jungkook in the morning to talk, but the older is either avoiding him or just really hungover because Jimin doesn't see him for the whole day.

Instead, Jimin calls Taemin and lets him know that he couldn't come up with a poem in time and he's staying home instead. Taemin reassures him that there are runner ups that can take his place and that it's okay.

He hangs out with his mom, briefly tells his friends about Jungkook and Cho in a facetime call and it isn't until 5 pm that Jungkook emerges from the basement, leaving mere seconds later to go for a run. Jimin barely catches a glimpse of him and it makes him frustrated. They obviously need to talk about this, or it's going to be incredibly awkward and that just can't do when they're living in the same house.

Realizing that Jungkook won't approach him, Jimin takes matters into his own hands. Screw being gentle just because Jungkook may be having a life crisis. Jimin wants answers.

He finds the perfect opportunity after dinner when everyone has gone their separate ways to go to bed and Jungkook walks out the kitchen door to smoke.

Jimin follows, putting his foot in before Jungkook can close the door. The older looks up at him and sighs, letting go of the door and walks out.

Jimin watches Jungkook as the older leans back on the wall in his big hoodie and gym shorts, closing the door quietly and crossing his arms.

Jimin doesn't bother to beat around the bush, "What was that last night?"

Jungkook doesn't look at him, just lighting his cigarette between his lips and exhaling the smoke.

"Don't know what you're talking about."

Jimin scoffs, disbelief washing over him. He walks closer to Jungkook, standing right in front of him to catch his gaze, eyebrows pulled together.

"You almost fucking kissed me, hyung," Jimin hisses. He's angry and doesn't even know why. Maybe because of the fact that Jungkook went to that girl right after, or maybe because of how he's been acting today. Like nothing happened at all.

Jungkook tilts his head back against the wall and looks up at the sky, bringing the cigarette to his lips again, ignoring Jimin.

Jimin reaches out, snatching the toxic stick from Jungkook, making the older look back to him, eyebrows raised.

Jimin defiantly brings it to his own lips, making Jungkook's eyes narrow daringly.

Jimin just puts it between his lips, eyes tearing up as he inhales just a little.

"Fucking hell," Jungkook huffs, taking the cigarette from Jimin and putting it out on the ground before switching their positions so Jimin is the one against the wall.

"What do you want from me?" Jungkook asks, voice low, "I almost kissed you, so what? What about it?"

Jimin blinks, easily freeing his wrists from Jungkook's grip and pushing the taller back slightly.

"I want you to tell me why, Jungkook. I'm not some toy to experiment on, okay? I have feelings," Jimin expresses, frowning, "Maybe your lays wouldn't care if you led them on and then moved to another the next minute, but I'm not like that. I'm not like them."

Jungkook looks at him, and Jimin blinks away the angry tears blurring his vision.

"You're not a lay, Jimin," Jungkook mumbles, sighing in frustration, "I shouldn't have led you on, I'm sorry, okay? I was drunk. No ulterior motives, just swept up in the moment. You were just there. Wrong time, wrong place. It was nothing."