「12; Have I met you before?」

Wednesday, Jimin, Nari and Jungkook continue practicing the song and Jimin is almost jumping with excitement over how good they sound. Mostly over how good Jungkook sounds.

    When class is ending though, his mood drops as Nari asks him a question.

    "Oppa, there is a new movie in the theaters that seems really good... Do you want to go with me?" She asks with a smile, eyes filled with hope as she looks at him.

    Jimin slows down, coming to a halt near where Jungkook is standing by his locker, but doesn't notice him listening in on their conversation as he is busy panicking in his mind.

    "I- Um... Are you asking me on a date?" Jimin asks carefully.

    His heart drops as Nari nods quickly, still beaming and seemingly oblivious to Jimin's inner misery.

    "Nari... I think you've gotten the wrong impression," Jimin begins, cautious while still trying to be clear and get his point across, "I see you as a friend, nothing more."

    Nari's smile drops slightly, "But you haven't even given me a chance."

    Jimin fidgets, gulping thickly before taking a deep breath, "I'm not into girls, Nari. I'm sorry if I gave you any other signals. I thought you knew..."

    Nari's eyes widen at that, and Jimin curses inside his head as he sees tears flood her eyes.

    "Oh... I didn't know! Sorry," She hurries to say before turning on her heel and running away, wiping at her eyes.

    Jimin stares at the spot where she just stood, dumbstruck.

    This has never happened to him. He thought everyone in this school knew that he is gay. He thought that it was obvious. Is it not?

    "That was rough."

    Jimin turns his head to the sound of the voice and finds Jungkook leaning against the lockers next to his opened one, arms crossed as he meets Jimin's eyes.

    "I-I... It was horrible," Jimin breathes out, embarrassed to be blinking away tears of his own.

    "Never happened to you?" Jungkook questions and Jimin turns to him completely, walking a little closer.

    "No, I thought everyone here knew..." Jimin trails, still in shock at what just happened, "Did I- Did I break her heart?"

    Jungkook hums, "Hard to say. She's been pretty obvious with crushing on you during music, I guess. I think breaking her heart is a little too far, though."

    Jimin inhales deeply and nods, a small smile forming on his lips as he notices that this is the most Jungkook has ever said to him. And the first time they are having a conversation just the two of them.

    "What?" Jungkook questions, and Jimin snaps out of his little trance.

    "O-Oh, nothing! I've just never heard you say that many words to me," Jimin admits, still smiling.

    Jungkook blinks at him once before cracking up, letting out a short laugh that makes butterflies erupt in Jimin's belly.

    "Better get used to it. Our parents seem to be very serious about each other, don't you think?" Jungkook says while moving his weight off of the lockers to pull his jacket out of the open locker, shrugging it on in a way that is unfairly attractive to Jimin.

    "Yeah, I guess they are," Jimin says, chewing on his bottom lip as he grows nervous with the conversation they are having.

    Is Jungkook trying to tell him that he doesn't really want to have anything to do with him but feels forced to talk to him because of their parents?