Day 1 part 2

LOGAN'S POV

I heard an explosion. I ran up to it and saw Ellie and Dina, but I didn't intervene, I followed them.

After following them they led me to a school, but I lost Ellie and Dina because of all the patrols everywhere.
I got on the roof so no one could see me, looking down through the windows on the ceiling.

I saw a guy holding a knife up to a girl, but I couldn't see her face. After he moved away, I saw Ellie, and Dina was across the room.

I started shooting threw the glass, but they shot the glass out from underneath me causing me to fall.

I fell on my back, making it hard to breathe.

"Logan!"

I was wheezing, my back in so much pain.

The guy, Jordan. Came up to me and started to strangle me. I was struggling to get him off but Ellie got free and stabbed him in the neck.

"Got you motherfucker."

I stayed on the ground, coughing, arching my back in pain.

"Logan! Are you okay?" Ellie kneeled next to me.
"No i am very much not okay." I started to get up.
"Guys, we gotta go!" Dina chimed in as we sat behind a table.
"Alright, fuck it." I got up and started shooting.

We cleared out all the WLF in the school, but more reinforcements kept coming so we had to get out of there.
From the roof of the school we jumped onto a balcony, leaving us in an abandoned apartment.

Once we were away from the patrols I sat down, trying to recollect my thoughts.

"Hey guys, so the guy, from the hotel. I'm assuming you saw, what I did. The guy said that they got held up at a TV station."

I pulled out my map.

"We gotta go downtown." i put the map away and started walking but Ellie turned me around and hugged me.
"You okay Ellie?" I was confused.
"Don't disappear on me"
"I'm sorry, it's just. When i heard the song-"
"I know."

She let go and Dina just gave me a look, as i turned around and kept walking towards the big buildings.

As we kept walking we smelled something strong.
It smelled like a corpse.

"Oh god whats that smell?" Dina put her hand on her nose.

We kept walking under a broken part of a bridge.

"It's Tommy's horse." I pointed to a corpse branded with J for Jackson.

Ellie checked the the bag, but Dina started to vomit.

"You okay?" I put my hand on her back.
"Yeah, it's just the smell."
Ellie walked up to Dina, worried.
"You good to keep going?"
"Yeah. Please."
I looked at Ellie because I didn't believe her but we had to keep going.

"Okay, Tommy could be nearby so let's go to the TV station." I started to walk away, Ellie staying behind with Dina, walking a few feet behind me.

We were walking though all the big buildings.
"This kinda reminds me of Boston, like when we went through the buildings, downtown."
I could hear Ellie's faint chuckle.
"Yeah, I was so scared of losing you."
"Yeah. What changed?" I meant it in a playful way.
"Well for a while i did lose you."
"But now i'm back and u gotta deal with me." I turned and smiled.
She smiled back.