5 years later/the end

a/n- hi all!! sorry for the delay, i've been a bit busy at work but, hope you've enjoyed the story! just wanted to see if you guys would be interested if i made another one, following the same characters but instead not following any part of the games storyline, making it original? let me know!

"Babe! Have you seen Riley's shirt?" I yelled, trying to get Ellie's attention.
"It's hanging outside!" Ellie shouted back.

I was dressing our daughter, Riley, for her first day at school in Jackson.

Ellie and I had a family, I mean we were both in our twenties. Her being 25 and me being 27.

I grabbed the shirt from the hangar and put it on Riley.

"You ready for your first day?" I asked, crouched down meeting her at eye level.
"Yes!" She said in an innocent and excited voice.
"That's my girl. Uncle Tommy is gonna take you, okay?"
She nodded and I stood up, grabbing her bag for her, walking towards the door.
Tommy was standing with his horse.
"Thanks, Tommy." I gave him her bag.
"Don't mention it." He gave me a smile.
"Go say bye to momma." I said to Riley, seeing her run into the kitchen where Ellie was.
"Bye momma!" She hugged Ellie's waist.
"Goodbye baby." Ellie kissed the top of Riley's head.
Riley's small footsteps came running out the door with Tommy as I waved goodbye and closed the door.

I smiled, as I saw Tommy put Riley in front of him on his horse, and ride off.

I started to walk to the kitchen, seeing Ellie washing dishes and I wrapped my arms around her from behind.

"Good morning babe." I smiled as i started kissing her cheek and neck.
She started to chuckle.
"You're distracting me." She said playfully.
"I know." I said playfully, continuing to do what I'm doing.
"Play some music, babe." She nicely asked and I went to a record player, playing this song.

'Ecstasy by Crooked Still.'

It was a nice guitar tune.
Ellie and I started to dance in the kitchen. We weren't good at it, but it didn't stop us.

As we danced, I grabbed her waist, pulling her into a kiss, stopping our dance.
Her arms wrapped around my neck, pulling away from the kiss and into a hug.

"I love you." I said with my face buried onto her shoulder.
"I love you too." She said, a huff of air coming out of her nose as she smiled.

We stood there for a minute or so when someone started knocking on our door, so I went to answer it.

It was Dina.

"Hii!" She said excitedly and hugged me.
"Hey Dina." I hugged back.
"Where's Riley?" She asked as I let her in.
"Tommy just took her to school. How's JJ?"
"He's doing great, he misses you guys."
I smiled as Ellie came out of the kitchen.
"Hi Dina!" She had a heartwarming and welcoming smile as she walked up and hugged Dina.
"Hey Ellie." They pulled apart from the hug.
I looked at them with smiles.
"So what brings you here?" I asked Dina, even though I knew why.
It was to surprise Ellie.
"Well its to give you this." Dina handed me a ring box. She had found a ring in a box while on patrol, and told me about it.
"Oh would you look at that?" I said playfully.
Ellie just looked at me.
"What are you doing?" She smiled at me.

I got down on one knee and held out the ring box, opening it to face her.

"Well I'd ask if you could make me the happiest man on earth, but that you've already done."
She smiled at me, her face getting red.
"But, will you marry me, Ellie Williams?"
She looked at Dina in amazement, speechless.
"My knees starting to hurt." I said playfully as she looked down at me.
"Let me think about it- YES!" She said yes.
I stood up and put the ring on her finger, giving her a kiss.

--Time Skip--

It was a few months later, our wedding day.

It was the happiest day of my life.

JJ and Riley had a small dress and gown and it was just the cutest.

Surprisingly, it was Jackson's first wedding, so they had a big party.

What I remember the most, was the last words we said as we stood on the podium.

"Ellie Williams, do you take, Logan Miller, as your lawfully wedded husband, to cherish in sickness and in health?"

"I do"

"Now, Logan Miller, do you take, Ellie Williams, as your lawfully wedded wife, to cherish in sickness and in health?"

"I do"

"You may now kiss the bride."

Ellie and I kissed, feeling Riley run up to us and hug our legs.

My heart felt warm, and I was happy with this new family we built.

I know Joel would be proud. I even took his last name.

"I love you, Logan Miller." She said as she pulled away.

"I love you too, Ellie Williams."