Seattle Day 2

LOGAN'S POV

I woke up, Ellie's head still on my arm. I moved my arm softly.

"Ellie. Do you hear that?"
"What?"
"It's a radio."

We heard a radio sound coming from upstairs so we got up and went to check.

It was Dina. She had fixed the radio but was vomiting.

She didn't look at us as we walked in.

"How hot do I look right now?" She turned and looked at Ellie.
"Pretty hot."
I leaned on the wall as Ellie sat next to Dina.

"What's all this?" I asked Dina.
"I fixed the radio. It's where most WLF chatter comes through."
"How'd you do that?"
"Loose connection. Antenna."
"Ah."
Dina grabbed a picture of the blonde guy from the mansion.
"This guy, Owen, he went AWOL."
"Maybe Tommy got to him."
I sat on the ground near Ellie, in front of the map Dina had laid out.
"Maybe... There's a lot of chatter coming out of Two so i'm assuming that's they're home base. They found our mess at the school."
"Good." My voice sounded raspy cause it was morning, which made Ellie turn a bit pink. I noticed but didn't say anything.

The radio said something about a trespasser at 14.

"Where's that?" Ellie asked Dina as she rubbed her back.
"Assuming 7's here, and 15's here."
She's started pointing at the map.
"14 should be around this area."
Hillcrest.
"That has to be Tommy" Ellie looked at me.
"Okay, so we go there." I got up and walked out of the door. Going back to the auditorium to grab the rest of my stuff.

When I got to the front door they were already there waiting for me.

"Alright, let's get going." I took the chair off the door but Dina grabbed her stomach in pain.

"Dina?" Ellie grabbed Dina's arm.
"Yeah, not good."
"We can go, you just stay here."
Dina looked at me and then agreed.
As we opened the door, Dina put a bracelet on Ellie's wrist.
"What's this?"
"It's for good luck."
"I don't believe in luck."
"Well I do." Dina planted a peck on Ellie's lips, giving me a burning feeling but I kept to myself.
"Keep her safe." Dina looked at me.
"Yeah, I will."

We closed the door, hearing Dina lock the door with a chair.

We made our way to Hillcrest.

--------

After a few hours we saw a sign reading 'Hillcrest'. We made it. We talked on the way there but nothing substantial, just old memories.

"Alright, we sure this is the right place?" Ellie looked at me.
We then heard and explosion.
"Seems like it."
We made our way through old stores, getting any supplies we can.

We climbed this van, but saw a car driving by with at least 10 people in it.

"Fuck, there's patrols everywhere." I grabbed my rifle just in case they saw us.

We walked forward for a few minutes, leading us to another neighborhood.

"This Abby chick better turn up eventually." I don't know why, but Ellie was just getting super irritated.
"Ellie, you okay?" I stood in front of her.
"Yeah, just-" I could see Ellie's hands ball up and start to shake as she tried to talk. I put my hands around her's.
"Easy girl. We'll find her." I looked into her eyes and felt the tensing in her hands go away.

We got up, and kept walking through the neighborhood.

"Hey, Logan?"
"Yeah?"
"Why do you always say 'Easy girl'?"
"Calms you down doesn't it?"
"Well yeah but just- i don't know."
"What is it?"
"Your eyes."
"What about them?"
"Nothing..."
I looked at her for a second and kept going. There was a bit of silence but I broke it.

"Do you love Dina?"
"What?"
"Are you in love with her?"
"I- i mean- i don't know."
"Well you definitely like her."
"Yeah."
"Okay." The way I said okay sounded like i was a bit irritated at that answer and Ellie caught on.
"I lost you, Logan. I can't just drop who i'm with just because you came back."
"Yeah, I know just- nevermind."

There was another silence broken by the sound of some soldiers.

"Ah shit." I pulled Ellie behind a car as there were a bunch of soldiers walking in the street.
"How many do you see?" Ellie asked as she pulled out her rifle.
"I got 6, and a dog."
"We take them out quietly."
I nodded and we took them out as quiet as possible.

We hopped a fence leading us to a garage. Ellie opened the door and there was an infected there with a bow. It tackled her but i shot it off.
"Thanks."
"Yeah. Hey, look at this."
I grabbed the bow and handed it to Ellie.
"You're pretty good with this thing."

She took the bow and we kept walking. As we hopped another fence, there was a patrol who spotted us so we ran, but we heard them talk about another intruder.

"Another one? Is it Tommy?" I said under my breath.

We jumped down from the second floor of a house, the intruder grabbing Ellie and covering her mouth, pulling her into a corner.

"What are you doing here?" I put my gun down.
"You think I'd let you do this on your own?"

It was Jesse. He was limping.

"You good?" I asked standing next to him.
"Yeah, your friends out there ambushed me with no warning."
"Well that's how they work here."

"Alright what's the plan?" Ellie cut our conversation off.

Jesse pointed to a truck.

"That's your plan?" Ellie looked at him and then me.
"Got a better one?"
It was silent for a sec but we heard a couple WLF walk towards us.

"I don't." I said as I walked behind what looked to be a broken fence.

Jesse and I took them out quietly as he got in the drivers seat and I in the passengers.

"Where do I sit?" Ellie looked through the window on my side of the car.
"Just get in." Jesse said trying to start the car.

Ellie sat on my lap, getting me a little red but we heard more WLF coming so I ignored it.

"Fuck, the keys busted." Jesse looked at the key as it snapped in half.
"Fuck okay." I leaned over, punching under the steering wheel so I can hot wire the car.
"What are you doing?" Ellie touched my shoulder.
"Well if the key won't work then-" As I pressed two wires together the cars engine started.
"Then we got to go old fashion." I said as I moved back into my seat.

Ellie and I were shooting at WLF, crashing into a post after taking out a group in another car.

Then we heard clicking, and a bunch of infected started walking over.

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me."
"Can you reverse?!" Ellie looked at Jesse as I got ready to shoot the infected.
"Yeah, yeah, it's a bit stuck." After a few seconds of jamming the gear into reverse we got moving again.

A clicker hung on the windshield so I kicked the windshield off, kicking the clicker off as well. We got overrun by infected so in order to get away from them Jesse drove us into the lake.

We climbed onto the other side, leaving us right next to downtown Seattle.

"You guys okay?" Ellie asked us as we were laying on the ground.
"Never better." Jesse said starting to get up.
"Fan-fucking-tastic." I got up as well and we started to walk to the theater.