A Few Months Later

Ellie, Dina and I had moved into the farm house. Dina had the kid, naming him JJ. He is the cutest little ball of human ever, and he looks exactly like Jesse.
Ellie and I moved in with her to help with the baby, and to get away from everyone.
Dina and JJ had their own room, Ellie and I had one but half of it was an art studio for Ellie.
It was a big place, and we had a ton of sheep, and a barn.

Ellie and I had been sleeping but it was around midday so we had to get up.

"Logan, wake up." She started to shake my arm that was around her.
"Five more minutes." I groaned, making my grip on her tighter.
"You've been saying that all morning babe, we have to get up." She got out of my grip and sat up.
"Ugh, fine." I sat up next to her.
"Good morning." She said looking into my eyes with the biggest smile on her face.
"Morning." I smiled back.
She pecked me on the lips.
We both got up and walked to the kitchen, seeing Dina with JJ on her lap at the table.
"Morning." Ellie and I said in unison.
"Good morn-" Dina looked at me.
"Jesus Logan put on a shirt."
"I gotta show the little guy what a man looks like." I said laughing.
"Ellie, can you tell your boyfriend to put on a shirt?" Dina looked at Ellie.
"I think it's kind of hot."
"Ugh, you guys are the worst!" Dina groaned playfully.
Ellie threw me a tank top that was hanging outside.
"Thank you." Dina said with a smile.

I put on the tank top and walked to the kitchen, starting to make coffee.
"You guys want any coffee?"
"You ask that everyday and we always say no." Dina said.
"I still don't understand how you guys don't like it."
"It tastes super bitter."
"And burnt." Ellie chimed in.
"It's an acquired taste." I said, pouring the coffee into a mug.
"You're just like a younger version of Joel, aren't you?" Ellie said walking next to me to get some water, smiling.
"The guy practically raised me soooo" I laughed softly, sipping the coffee.

"So what's on the agenda today?" Ellie said sitting at the dining table.
"Well, we're running out of food so I think I'll do some hunting." I said walking behind Ellie and putting my hand on her shoulder.
"I gotta finish laundry. And then later, I got a date." Dina said.
"Want me to take the little guy hunting with me- wait a date?" I said.
"Yes, Logan, a date."
"With who?" I was shocked, but happy for her.
"Some guy back in Jackson."
"Ah well, as I was saying, do you want me to take JJ hunting with me?"
"Are you sure?" Dina sounded super hesitant.
"Yeah, I'll keep him in the weird pocket thing that you put on. You can get some rest, for your date." I didn't question it further, because i didn't feel it was my place to.
"It sounds like a good idea." Ellie said.
"Okay, just let me know when you're leaving."
I nodded.
"What're you gonna do today?" I looked down at Ellie.
"Pfttt, i think I'm gonna finish the portrait."
Ellie loved making portraits, this would be her third one. It's one with Dina, JJ, her, and me. It's coming together really nicely.
"Okay, well since I'm leaving soon I get first shower." I kissed the top of Ellie's head and touched Dina's shoulder as I walked back upstairs.

The farm was like our own little small family. We were all happy, like truly happy. It was nice.

"Dina?! Where's his weird pocket thing?!" I shouted as I got out from the room, having just changed. I was wearing Joel's jacket.

"Uhm, it should be in my room!" She shouted from downstairs so I walked into her room and grabbed it, putting it on. It was like this kangaroo pouch thing.

"Okay I got the weird pocket, wheres the kid?" I said as I walked downstairs.
"Okay, first, it's a pouch, and second, I think Ellie has him in the barn."
"Well, me and JJ's pouch will go to the barn."

I started walking towards the barn, seeing Ellie putting all the sheep back inside.
I snuck up behind her and scared her.
"Boo!"
She jumped a little.
"Wha- oh Logan, what the fuck?"
I giggled at her.
"Hey babe, i think it's time for me to grab that little ball of human, and take him hunting."
"Alright-"
She placed him in the pouch.
"Be safe." She said to me kissing my cheek.
"Of course. See you in a few hours."
I gave her one last look before walking towards the front of the house. There was this area that led into the woods so I started making my way there.

--Time Skip--

I had gotten this deer, it was a lucky shot. I had also gotten a rabbit for JJ. He laughed every time i shot at the animals, and i thought it was just adorable.

Dragging the deer back and the rabbit was hard but I finally made it to the front door, leaving the deer outside.

I knocked.
"It's me!"

Ellie opened the door, seeing the amount of food i had brought.
"Holy shit. You got all this?" She looked surprised but happy.
"Yeah, the deers for us adults, and the rabbits for the little man. You know he laughed every time I shot them?"
"Did he?" She said tickling JJ.
"Yeah, he did."
Dina then walked to the door, grabbing JJ out of the pouch.
"Jesus you got all of that?"
"Yeah. He's getting heavy." I said, taking the pouch off and walking in with the rabbit.
"Yeah he's just a big ball of muscle!" Dina said excitedly while starting to play with JJ.
"This is for him." I put the rabbit on the kitchen counter.
Dina walked up to me.
"Thanks, Logan."
"Yeah, don't mention it." I washed my hands and walked up to the room Ellie and I shared, seeing her painting.

She didn't say anything as I walked in, focused on making the painting perfect.
"Wow, that's really something." I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her.
"Ugh, it's so bad."
I looked at the painting again.
"Are you sure we are looking at the same thing? Cause if we were then I mean, you'd see what i see which is perfection-"
I got cut off by Ellie turning around and planting her lips on mine. She rarely cut me off and just kissed me randomly.
We pulled away.
"What was that for? Are you pregnant? Is it your birthday? My birthday?" I said playfully with a smile.
"No stupid, I just love you." She said with her arms wrapped around my neck.
"Awwww" I said in a playful tone.
"Shut up." She smacked my arm.
"So you're not pregnant?"
"No."
"Awww." I said it in a disappointed but still playful tone.
She just looked at me smiling, and turned back around to continue her painting.

"I love you too, El." I kissed her the top of her head, leaving her to keep working on her art, laying down on our bed, just admiring her.

"Fuck I'm so tired." I groaned as I was laying on the bed.
"So take a nap." Ellie said, keeping her focus on the painting.
"Only if you cuddle me." I chuckled softly.
"But the painting-"
"But meeeee though." I smiled as Ellie turned to me.
"You're lucky you're cute." She jumped into bed and put her leg on my waist, her head right under mine.

'I got so lucky' I thought to myself.