✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟙 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
Skating. It's all I have ever known. Ice skating. Snowboarding. It's all I've ever done since I was little. First it was ice skating then I got bored. So then I moved on to snowboarding. I did it for a while before getting bored of that as well. Then I got introduced to skateboarding.

My friend introduced me to it. I was a bit wobbly at first since I was used to snowboarding prior but after a while, I got used to it. I even surpassed my friend in the space of a week. But... cos of that... she left me.

Left me and made friends with others. Leaving me alone. All because I was better than her at skateboarding. But she introduced me to the sport so how is it my fault?! But I'm glad she left. Cos I held a secret. A secret that no one knows about. I would say not even my family, but I don't have any.

I'm a known skateboarder in an underground skateboarding ring called "S". But... the top rule is "don't talk about S outside of S". And I'm glad of that rule because I'm a known skater down there called "Fire Phoenix", and no one really knows who that is. Which is great for me!

I quickly scramble out of my bed after I realise what the time is. I start getting ready for school and debate whether to skate to school or not. I opt against it and just take my bike instead. I'm glad I live alone. I don't have to worry about nagging parents nagging me for getting injured when I come home late at night covered in scrapes and cuts.

At least I don't have to worry about that! I quickly throw on my school uniform and scramble out my front door, forgetting to grab some breakfast. I dash out of my front door and head to where I keep my bike. I'm sometimes glad for the school uniform. Cos if it weren't for that, anyone who knew "S" would know me. Due to my distinct tattoo on my arm.

I go to my bike and get on, placing my bag in the basket at the front. I plug my headphones into my phone and start listening to "Red by Survive Said The Prophet". I put my phone in my pocket and begin the ride to school. I ignore my surroundings and focus only on my music.

(It's a good song. Really good song. As always, if you've read my other books you'd know I'd tag it underneath.)

I eventually arrive at school and put my bike in the bike shed. I lock my bike and head into the school building after grabbing my bag. I head to my class and eventually arrive. I notice a classmate of mine making a commotion over his injured arm. I giggle slightly as I realised now why he's injured in the first place.

He got cocky in a "beef" last night. And it was quite the scene. I watched the whole thing unfold.

"Hey! It's not funny!" He shouts at me.

"Who? Me? Ah. Gomen. Gomen. I was laughing at something else." I say, heading to my seat which just so happens to be next to him.

I glance over at what he's drawing and notice he's making notes on Shadow. All of this I knew about. But it's funny to watch him make notes. I still can't believe he got beat by Shadow. That guy doesn't even dare challenge me to a "beef" unless he has some reason to want to.

"Interesting drawings." I say, looking at his notebook again.

"Huh? Oh. That? Don't worry about it." He says, hiding his notebook.

"If you say so." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm Reki. You?" He asks me.

"Y/N." I reply.

"Huh. Never seen you around before." He says.

"I transferred yesterday." I say.

"Makes sense." He says.

"Do you work at a skateboarding shop or something?" I ask.

"Huh? What makes you say that?" He says.

"The fact that you're drawing about some tacks." I say.

"Doesn't mean I work for a skateboarding tune-up shop." He says.

The teacher then walked in and the two of us went silent. He was followed by another person. A student? I think. He's probably a transfer. Most likely a transfer.

"Settle down class. We have a transfer student." The teacher says after said student writes his name on the board in kanji.

"Introduce yourself then." The teacher whispers to him.

"I'm Langa Hasegawa." He says.

"Anything else?" The teacher prompts.

"I transferred here from Canada." He says.

Canada, huh? Something tells me he's a snowboarder. Definitely a snowboarder. Something tells me I'm right. He goes and takes a seat while Reki just scratches the back of his head with a pencil.

The lesson drags on and its soon lunch. I head off up to the roof and it seems someone found my spot. I always ate on the roof cos then I was alone.

"What are you doing here?" I say, titling my head back to look at him.

"I came to eat lunch? This is where I always eat." He says.

I sigh and turn back to face my food.

"So. What brings you here?" He asks me.

"It's calming. Relaxing. That's why." I say.

"Huh. I see..." He says.

"What?" I reply.

"Nothing. But I get where you are coming from. Say, are you interested in skateboarding?" He asks me.

I contain my excitement as I don't want people knowing my hidden identity. So I compose myself and reply.

"A sport where you could quite easily crash and get a concussion? No thanks. I'll stick to other sports." I lie.

It was a lie. I loved the exhilarating feeling you get when you skate. Feeling the wind blow through your hair. The feeling of winning. Feeling of being satisfied with your skills. It was all a dream to me. A dream I had made my own reality.