✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟛 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
After the argument about the pet the boss owned, he eventually spoke up and said he had a job. A skateboard needed to be delivered at midnight. Knowing that it needed to be before midnight made me think it was for someone competing in "S".

"Me and Reki can't do it. So can either of you?" He asks.

"What?! I can do it!" Reki says.

"Dude. You're injured." I point out.

"Can you do it?" He asks me.

"Oh. I forgot to say my name. I'm Y/N. And unfortunately I can't. I have stuff to do." I say, darting my eyes around the room.

"Ok. And you?" The boss asks Langa.

"Yeah. I can do it." Langa says.

"Got a license?" The boss asks.

"Yeah." Langa says.

"I'm going with ya!" Reki says.

He handed Langa a sticker. Seeing the sticker made me immediately realise it was for someone at "S". Glad I said no. I'm planning on skating tonight if the beef that's supposed to happen tonight goes tits up.

I then headed home. I think Reki and Langa stayed at the shop to discuss. Stuff. I decided to skateboard home. Hoping Reki didn't see me.

Once I got home, I changed into my outfit and got out my other skateboard. I grabbed my mask and put that one as well. It was a Kitsune mask. I know I needed to find a different mask since this one was so. So. Claustrophobic. I fished around my room and found a better mask that didn't take up much of my face. And looked nicer.

Once I was ready, I put on my shoes and left my house

Once I was ready, I put on my shoes and left my house. I made sure I locked up and started heading towards the skateboarding scene. I'd done this race so many times that I was used to it. I never lost. Not once. To no one. But I've never raced against Reki. After seeing him, I kind of want to.

When I got there, I saw Reki and Langa head over to the couple that wanted the custom board. No one had noticed me yet but I was still on my board. I skated over to hear what all the commotion was about. And then everyone saw me.

"Look. It's Fire Phoenix!" Someone called out.

"Did they change their mask?" Another added.

"Why's Fire Phoenix over by the beef?" Someone adds.

"What's going on here?" I say.

"Fire Phoenix?!" Shadow and Reki say at the same time. Even the couple looked shocked.

"This guy fucked up my order! So now he's skating in my place cos I can't ride this board!" He says.

"Oh shit. So who's skating?" I say.

"I'll do it!" Reki said.

"You can't! You're injured." Langa adds.

By then, he started duck-taping his feet to the board. It was quite a funny scene. I just watched from behind, but stayed standing on my board.

"Langa. You can't do it! You can't even skate. I'll do it!" Reki says.

"No. He'll do it." Cherry Blossom pipes up.

"Cherry?!" Reki says.

"Oh shit. He's right. One of the rules of "S" is that if you're on a board, you have to skate." I point out.

Then Shadow, the couple, Cherry, Reki and Langa all look at me and notice that I'm still on my board. Shit. Now I'm involved.

"I don't mind who, but I'll take you both on at once!" Shadow says.

"Bring it!" I say.

All three of us head over to the start line and get ready. The lights start and all three of us get ready. Langa didn't seem as if he'd be able to get far since he taped his feet.

The lights go green and me and Shadow race off. We were neck and neck but I'd pulled ahead. I was skating further and further away from him. Langa hadn't even started yet. He was still at the start line. After a while of skating, Shadow caught up to me. Shit. He's gonna use those tacks of his. He threw them out and I jumped my board in the air, narrowly avoiding them.

Langa then caught up to us. Ah. I get it now. He did used to be a snowboarder. Well. He's not a match for me. So did I. I used to snowboard and skateboard. So I know what I'm doing.

"I didn't expect you to catch up to me!" I call back to him.

Shadow then came and caught up to the two of us, though I was still ahead of him. So was Langa. After a while we reached the warehouse part of the race. Me and Langa were practically neck-and-neck but we both had the same idea.

Except I was the most insane one. We both headed for the same part of the beam. Except he was ahead of me. I was slightly pissed at this. But I still managed to land before him. Only just. Narrowly. He landed a second after me.

I beat a newb. But damn was he good. I saw Cherry with Reki on Cherry's motorbike. They both got off and headed towards us.

"Fire Phoenix. Langa. You two... where amazing!" Reki says.

"You used to be a snowboarder, right?" I ask Langa.

"Yeah... how could you tell?" He asks me.

"The way you skate. That fact you taped your feet to the board. You're a snowboarder. For sure. And... also... I could tell because I used to snowboard." I reply.

"You used to snowboard?! I could slightly tell on the pipe jump at the end." Reki exclaims.

"Ah alright. I see what you mean." I say.

"Oh yeah. I won didn't, I? I don't even want anything. But I do want to race Reki." I say.

"Me?!" Reki says.

"Yes. I haven't seen you skate before. And Shadow isn't competition for me. I've beaten him several times. I want competition. So far the only one that's brought it is Langa." I say.

"Wait. How'd you know his name?" Reki asks.

"You called us both out and said we were amazing?" I say, refreshing his memory.

"Ah..." He says.

"Yeah... so. Do you want to?" I ask.

"Erm I mean yeah. I've always wanted to challenge Fire Phoenix!" He says.

"Well be prepared to get your ass handed to you! Anyway, I gotta go. I've got stuff to do. Homework to do." I say, muttering the last part.