✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟙𝟚 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
"Well..." I start.

"I've known Joe a while. Probably since I first appeared at S. I was this cocky skater who wanted to race against everyone. One day, Shadow, out of nowhere, challenged me to a beef. I was sceptical at first but accepted. Bear in mind, this was like my second day at S. So we raced, and like Langa, I won. On my first S beef. Everyone, including Joe was shocked. So guess what my cocky ass dared him to do?" I pause.

"I don't think I was at S when you showed up. I think you were there long before I came. I dunno. I know it wasn't you dying his hair pink." Reki says.

"Wait, I remember what that date was. The next time Shadow showed up at S, he was in a maid costume." Joe says.

"Wait, I missed Shadow in a maid outfit?!" Reki says, laughing his ass off.

"Yeah, it was hilarious. Oh, and in case you haven't worked this out already, my beef conditions depend on the interaction I have with a person. I never wished to put Langa in his place since he never made me feel like I need to. Same as you, Reki. Shadow is a different story. I think Joe has a list of everything I've dared Shadow to do. So I don't repeat dares." I explain.

"Huh. I wondered why you never dared me to do anything more then make a bento for my friend." Reki says.

"Because, no offence, I don't see you as someone I need to make worry when we race." I say.

"Hey!" Reki says.

"I think what she means is she doesn't want to make the race unfair between the two of you. So she doesn't want you to have to worry about the outcome of the race." Langa says, attempting to decipher what I meant.

"You still can't explain your emotions, can you?" Joe says.

"Anyway, S starts soon so we should get going." Joe says.

"Mhm. Reki. Langa. I'll meet you outside." I say.

"Ok." Langa and Reki say in unison.

They head outside and I turn to face Joe, who is looking at me in confusion.

"What?" Joe says.

"We were mid-convo earlier." I say.

"Oh yeah." Joe says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Where were we?" Joe asks.

"You asked if I was heading back to S tonight." I say.

"Right. How's your knee though? You're skating, aren't you?" Joe asks.

"Yeah..." I say.

"At least wrap it up to prevent you from overworking yourself." Joe says.

"I have a sports bandage in my jacket." I say.

I grab it out of my jacket and put it on. It's kind of restrictive but I agree with Joe. Last time I injured it, I ignored it and ended up at home for a week and I had to ask someone to help me out since I couldn't even walk.

I then head outside to where Reki and Langa are and immediately Reki looks down at my knee and back up at me.

"You're not planning on skating, are you?" Reki asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Back out." Reki says.

"No." I say.

"Look, I know you mean well, but please. Like I said before, I don't need people worrying about me. And as much as I hate to say it, Joe was right. I don't like being seen as vulnerable. I've had no one caring or worrying about me for years, so why do I need it now?" I say.