✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟠 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
It had been 2 weeks since me and Reki started teaching Langa how to do an ollie. We were currently at the skate park, practicing. We were watching Langa try to do ollies again and he landed one! Reki had made him a custom board so that it accommodates his snowboarding since he's been doing it for so long. Reki and Langa then decided to head to the skate shop but I went home. Fire Phoenix's board needs some tune-ups and I'd rather go to Reki then anyone else.

I quickly went home, got changed into different clothes and put on Fire Phoenix's mask. I fixed my hair and grabbed her skateboard. I quickly left the house and locked the door before heading off to the skate shop.

Once I got there, I opened the door and a bell could be heard. I went up to the desk and saw Reki's face drop.

"F-Fire Phoenix?! What are you doing here?!" Reki exclaims.

"You know, I came here to see a certain someone." I say.

"Who?! Who?!" Reki says.

"You." I reply.

"M-me?! Why me?" Reki asks.

"Well, I've seen some of your skateboards before and thought I'd come and ask you for a tune-up. I'd rather come here than anywhere else." I say.

"My, my, Reki what an honour." Oka-san says.

"So, you up for it?" I ask.

"Yes. I'd be more than happy to fix it. It'd be an honour." Reki says.

Reki takes the board off of me when someone else enters the shop. I turn to face who it was and instantly smirked.

"Miya Chinen?! You're a skateboarding hopeful! What are you doing here?!" Reki says.

"Hmm. I'm not here for you, slime. I'm here for Langa. Oh? Fire Phoenix is here too?" Miya says.

"Oh? So what brings you here, Japan national hopeful?" I ask.

"I want to challenge Langa to a beef. And since you're here too, you. I have no time for slimes." Miya points out.

"S-slimes?! Who are you calling a slime?!" Reki says, slightly annoyed.

"I accept." You and Langa say in unison.

"Langa, are you serious?! Don't accept! He's a national hopeful!" Reki points.

"Oh come on, let him live a little!" I say.

"See, Fire Phoenix thinks it's a good idea." Miya says.

"Mhm. Didn't you tell me I make skating fun?" I say with a wink.

"Wha- I..." Reki said, not finding his words.

Miya then left and I sat down on the seats at the counter. I then engaged in a conversation with Langa and it was quite joyous.

"So, Fire Phoenix. What made you come here?" Langa asks.

"Well, normally I made my own skateboards but when I heard Reki made the skateboard you used, I had to come and have a look!" I say.

"I see... oh and, one other thing." Langa says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"When you skate at S, why did you ask Reki to make two bentos?" Langa asks.

"Well, I don't hold anything against Reki. I normally ask people to do things they wouldn't normally do. Like, make a bento for example. I bet he didn't even make it, did he?" I ask.

"Nope, his mum did." Langa says.

I laugh slightly at this and Reki turns to face me then.

"Wait... Did Fire Phoenix just laugh?!" Reki exclaims.

"So?" I point out.

"Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen you in normal clothes, Phoenix." Reki points out.

"That's cos you only see me at S!" I say.

"She has a point Reki." Langa says.

"Reki I thought you were fixing my board?" I say.

"Oh whoops my bad. Got a deadline?" Reki asks.

"Nah. I'm not racing tonight. But, as long as it's done by the race with Miya, I don't mind." I say.

"Cool!" Reki says.

Reki then leaves, meaning me and Langa are alone in the shop again.

"So, Langa or should I say, Snow. You're a snowboarder, right?" I ask.

"I used to be. And what do you mean, Snow?" Langa asks.

"That's the nickname everyone's calling ya by!" I explain.

"Ok so how did you get yours?" Langa asks.

"I actually don't know. I thought I was called that because I was fast. Maybe Reki knows." I say.

"Maybe." Langa says.

Reki then emerged, almost as if he knew we were talking about him.

"Yo, Reki. Do you know why I'm called Fire Phoenix?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. It's cos it looks like you fly or glide when you skate. So someone said you were like a bird. And since it's elegant. The way you skate I mean. People started calling you a Phoenix. It probably stemmed from the time you raced in a bright orange tee." Reki explains.

"Makes sense. Oh and Reki? Thanks for fixing up ma board. It means a lot. I couldn't think of anyone who I'd trust other then you!" I say.

"You know Phoenix, out of all the people I've met at S, you are probably the most outgoing and easiest person to talk to. You're not intimidating and you're super friendly off the bat. Kinda reminds me of someone I know." Reki says.

"Oh? Who?" I ask eagerly.

I know exactly who he's talking about.

"My friend Y/N. She was helping me teach Langa how to do an ollie." Reki answers.

"Sounds like a lovely friend you got." I say.

"I'm gonna give you two a tip before I go. With Chinen, he tends to use the other side of his board. Especially on corners. So imagine the corners at S, but he's skating along it like he would down a pipe but with the edge of the board. Here, lend me a board." I ask.

He gives me a board and I show him what I mean.

"Why are you helping us, Phoenix?" Reki asks.

"Because, as much as I think Chinen is good competition, I don't tend to lose to him. I wouldn't mind losing to Langa however." I tease.

"Wha- how could you say that?! You have such a high track record at S! You've never been beaten!" Reki points out.

"Except there is one person who can beat me. But that story is best saved for another day. I'll be off now; I'll swing by tomorrow to see how the work on the board is doing. Train hard!" I say before taking my leave.

"Who's the one person?" I hear Reki say aloud as I left.