✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟙𝟜 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
It's the evening of the race with Reki against Adam. To say I was nervous was an underestimation. I already knew Adam founded S. He made Phoenix co-found it on the agreement that I be left alone. He agreed. So I became the co-founder of S. Before he saw me as his Eve since I was the only one that could keep up with him. The only one who could go toe-to-toe with him.

He challenged me to a beef one day and said I couldn't refuse. If he won, he was allowed to come looking for me again. And send everything he had after me. If I won, he would leave me alone and wasn't even allowed to talk to me at S. I lost... so he came looking for me again. He hadn't found me. Yet. Emphasis on 'yet'.

The reason nobody knows that Phoenix is the co-founder of S is because I used to be under a completely different alias. Not Fire Phoenix. Or Phoenix. Or even Joker. It was 'Rose'. I didn't get to pick it. Adam would always call me his rose. The flower of love. Yet, I never felt like a rose. He only wanted me so he could use me.

I turned up to S and saw Reki already waiting there. Of course I knew Adam was going to make some massive entrance like always. And he did. He headed to the start line and the three of us lined up. I know exactly what he's going to do. He doesn't even think Reki is 'worthy'. Do the countdown will happen, Reki will take off and he'll stay here and light a cigarette.

He always does this. But I'm not gonna fall for it this time. We all await the flag bearer. And the countdown starts.

1

2

3

4

GO!

Reki sped off and just as I thought. Adam pulled out his cigarette case and went to light one. See, it doesn't matter if I win. Or Reki wind. Either way, we'd have won. He turns to me and sees me still stood there. Everyone is looking at us in confusion. Probably wondering why I didn't take off.

"Oh, my bad Phoenix." He says.

He puts the case away and the countdown begins.

1

2

3

4

GO!

Me and Adam both take off, but I kept my distance. It's best to be behind him then in front. He speeds off and catches up to Reki, me close behind. He looks in shock. Reki, I mean. He notices me and Adam. Neck-and-neck. Adam had pulled us both into his dangerous dance from the beginning. But he was too focused on Reki.

When Reki was losing hope, Langa inspired him to a railslide on the next corner. The trick he learned from Miya. He did it! But I knew the moment was short-lived. Adam passed Reki and did his signature move. The Love Hug. It's a nasty trick where you turn around and skate uphill. He was skating uphill towards Reki. Reki started to panic and he fell off his board.

I watched him roll and then Langa and Miya headed over to him. Adam stopped so I took it as the perfect opportunity to overtake him. But that's when I realised I messed up. Cos now Adam has the chance to pull the Love Hug on me.

He caught up to me and did just that. He did the Love Hug in me. I thought I was prepared for this. I tried to do an aerial out of it to avoid it but I got caught in it. I fell off my board. Landing on the same knee I landed on last time. Adam stopped and faced me.

"Ah I see you still can't beat me in a race. You've lost my rose. So now I'll have to face against Langa. I had high hopes for you rose." He says before skating off.

I stayed there. Not moving. I couldn't anyway. I was in too much pain to move in the first place. Joe came over to me and asked if I was okay.

"You alright?" Joe asked me.

"No..." I mumble.

"Look at the positive, you for further than you did the first time you skated against him." Joe says.

"I guess..." I say.

Me and Reki had to go to the hospital to get our injuries checked out. Langa, Miya and Shadow both came with the two of us.

~𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:~
I hope they're both okay. Me, Miya and Shadow were currently waiting for Reki and Phoenix to come out. Soon, they did. Reki came out first, his arm in a bandage and he had a sling as well. And a bandage on his head. Then Phoenix came out. She had a bandage on her knee and a crutch.

"It's broken. They said it'd take two weeks to heal." Reki says.

"I dislocated my knee again so I have to be careful." Phoenix says.

~𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙿𝙾𝚅:~
I didn't want Langa going against Adam. Never in a million years. And we even said that to him.

"Langa. Don't do it. It's dangerous. Don't skate against him." I plead.

"No. I'm doing it." Langa says.

"Don't you hear your friends? It's dangerous! Everyone who has skated against him ended up injured." Shadow whisper-shouts.

"This is why slimes shouldn't go up against the final boss. But I guess I could promote you to a golem." Miya says.

We all left the hospital and went out separate ways. We had all agreed to meet up at Joe's tomorrow. If Langa wasn't stepping down from the beef, then the least we can do is help him find a countermeasure for Adam's Love Hug. But now, I have to explain my involvement in this. I have to explain why I knew Adam wasn't going to take off immediately. And that I'll have to explain S from the beginning.