✨🛹Special Chapter - Part 2🛹✨

It has been too long since I updated this with the second half. So I thought,

"Hey, why not post the second part on my birthday?" Which just so happens to be the day I'm posting this. (30/07.)

~Reki's POV:~
I woke up earlier than I normally would and headed to the skate shop. I knew Y/N didn't start work until a little later on, so this was the perfect opportunity to practice the plan. Langa wasn't working today so it was up to me to not mess this up.

When I got there, Misato was already at the door waiting for me.

"Did I get the time wrong or something?" I asked.

"Not at all. I just left too early. Thought it would take longer to get to Okinawa from Tokyo." He replied.

"Is it just you working today?" Misato added.

"Yeah. And Y/N." I replied.

"Okay. So the plan is to have her serve me as a customer. If you just so happen to be at the till, make up some excuse for her to serve. Like, I dunno you need the bathroom. Or you're gonna restock shelves. Something believable." Misato says.

"Good idea. Now we just wait." I reply.

We ran over the plan a few times making sure we had every detail correct. After about half n hour, it was time for shift to start.

"Morning!" Y/N beamed.

"You're rather energetic today." I reply.

"I had caffeine this morning." She replied.

"Now the energetic makes sense." I reply.

"Oh, did you want to work the front desk today?" I ask.

"Sure!" She beamed again.

We both headed inside and she got the till ready while I started stocking shelves. Then the plan started.

"Hello. Welcome to Dope Sketch. How can I help you today?" I heard her say.

"I'd like a custom board." Misato replied.

"Any specific type?" She asks.

"I wanted to engrave the bottom of this board." He answers.

"Okay and did you have a pattern in mind?" She asked.

"Yeah. This." He says, placing a piece of paper on the desk.

"That's the L/N family sigil... wait..." She paused.

"Is something the matter?" He replied.

"I HAVE A BROTHER?! SINCE WHEN?!" She somewhat yelled.

"A while now. Our parents just never told you about me." Misato replied.

The. She just leant over the counter top and hugged him.

"I never knew I had a brother. Wow. That is... wow." She said, seeming to be at a loss for words.

After their somewhat brief conversation, Misato made the suggestion of going to his place to stay for a few days.

"There's an ice rink near mine as well." Misato says.

"Deal." She replied.

"That was the selling point?" Misato asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

"You three go, it's fine. I'll look after the shop today." Oka-san said.

"You sure?" Me and Y/N said in unison.

"Yes. Now go." Oka-san said.

All three of us then leave the shop and head towards Misato's car. All three of us got in, putting our bags in the back. Then we began the long drive to Tokyo.

After a short drive to the airport, we all got on the plane to Tokyo. I for one thought you could drive there but apparent it takes forty three hours. That's almost two days! The flight itself was actually only two hours and twenty minutes long which was a lot shorter than I expected.

After getting off the plane, all three of us then began the walk to Misato's house to drop off our stuff before heading to the ice rink where Misato dropped us off.

"Okay. First we need to get skates." Y/N said, leading the way.

I followed and we eventually got some skates. We walked onto the ice and I was extremely unsteady on my feet at first.

"What do I do?!" I said, panicking slightly.

"It's okay. Hold onto the bar at the side." She replied.

"How do you do that so elegantly?" I ask.

"Oh you mean like this?" She said, doing some form of trick while landing on her feet effortlessly.

"You make that look easy!" I pout.

"It takes practice, Reki. You can't do it straight away. How long did it take you to perfect an Ollie?" She asks.

"2 months." I replied.

"It took me 2 years to get this good on the ice. It takes practice. You just said so yourself by telling me you couldn't do an Ollie straight away." She replied.

"I guess you're right." I say.

"Now come on, I wanna skate together while holding hands." She beamed.

"I can't skate." I reply.

"That's why we're holding hands." She explained.

She skated over to me and held my hand, leading me away from the barrier. She was the only thing holding me up right now. She started skating slowly, telling me to copy what she was doing. Eventually I got the hang of it and was able to move on the ice. Though the moment she lets go of my hand, I'll fall over.

We kept doing that for a while before she sped up slightly, hoping I'd be able to catch up. Granted, I sort of could but not that well.

"Slow down!" I said.

She slowed down and led me back to the barrier.

"Wanna see me do some tricks?" She asked.

"Sure." I reply.

She then performed what looked like a whole entire routine and I couldn't help but to just be captivated by it. The emotions were bleeding out like a leaking pen. It felt like poetry even though no one was talking. When she was done, everyone was clapping. Including me.

She skated over to me, and asked a question.

"So? How was it?" She asked.

"I'm at a loss for words about how amazing that was!" I beam.

When she least expected it, I pulled her in to give her a kiss. Watching as her face turned a shade of pink to show she was blushing. We kissed for a few moments before both parting away for air, both with now blushing faces.

We skated off the ice and the moment we did, she pinned me against the wall and kissed me again. This time longer and more passionately. I kissed back and we kept going until we both parted for air.

"Let's do that again sometime." She said.

"Yeah. Let's." I reply.

"Let's stay together. Together for infinity." She says.

"Together for infinity." I repeat.

The end.

Finally I have officially brought this book to an end. Special chapters included. Argh this was such a rollercoaster. One I enjoyed. (I've never actually been on one.) I am so glad everyone enjoyed the book as well as the special chapters I planned.

Many, many thanks,
Author-chan!

Update: this chapter was posted in 2021 and I have actually since been on a rollercoaster (September 2022). The fastest one in the UK actually. Where I lost my bloody sunglasses. 😭