✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟚𝟙 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
It was the next night. The night of the semi-finals again. I'd gone with Langa, Joe, Cherry, Shadow and Miya. I already won against Shadow so he was no longer competing. And tonight was Joe against Langa. I honestly had no clue how this was going to turn out. Joe and Langa are amazing skaters. Though Joe has been skating longer.

Their take-off was impeccable. But Joe had pulled further ahead slightly. And was in the lead. Leaving Langa behind. You could hear conflicted cheers from everyone. Some cheering Joe and some Langa. I had no clue who to cheer for cos both were my friends.

"No matter how many times I tell him, he makes wasteful moves." Cherry points out.

"You think so?" Shadow asks.

"His entry angle is too weak, too. If he entered at 25 degrees, he could have exited 0.3 seconds faster." Cherry criticises.

"0.3? Not much of a difference if you ask me." I say.

"And his upper body tilt is also weak. In the first place, he's rough-cut with everything he does." Cherry says.

"So annoying." Shadow utters.

"If you don't compete well here, you won't be able to win against Adam." Cherry says.

"Adam?! No one can beat him and you know it. I've been trying since I've been at S." I point out.

There was a live feed of the race that everyone could watch, so we all were watching the race in the big screen. It was obvious Langa was trying to keep up to Joe, but Joe kept pulling ahead. Though the further in they got, the smaller the gap got. It was truly amazing to watch.

"Is he gonna go another Power Break?" I ask.

"But they're heading into a straightaway." Miya points out.

"I don't think that matters." I say.

"Wait! Can it be?" Shadow says, shock in his face.

Joe was doing some sort of half handstand on his board with his feet propelling backwards. He sped off almost like a missile leaving Langa in the dust again. It was truly amazing to watch. It was like more unknown things were coming to light about Langa and Joe.

"What speed!" Miya says.

"You have to minimise air resistance to increase speed." I point out.

"That's what that missile-style is about!" Shadow says.

"It's truly a clever technique. I don't think Langa has a chance of catching up anymore." I add.

"So, it means that his needlessly bulky body isn't all for show." Cherry points out.

It was a dangerously close race. Though Joe kept pulling things out of mid-air and shocking us all. At one point, you couldn't even see Langa anywhere near Joe. I was wondering if he was contemplating something. Or maybe he was at the point of giving up. It sure felt that way on the screen. He seemed really down.

Then all of a sudden, his face just sort of lit up. Almost like someone called his name out. Wait. Is Reki really here? If so, then where? And why is he hiding? There's gotta be a reason for it. At one point, when Langa took a corner I thought he was gonna fall. Till he jumped and made his own shortcut.

You could just hear people cheering on Joe and Langa. It was a mesh of cheers and I couldn't tell who was cheering for who.

"What does he think he's doing?" Miya said.

"It's a dead end." I say.

"An aggressive guy as always." Cherry utters.

I wondered what he meant until Joe just went straight for a wall, breaking down whatever was in his way. He surely was in the lead now. It was close. Joe had taken a route with a steel beam in the way and just pushed it out of the way. Then Langa tried something similar to what Joe did.