✨🛹 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝟙𝟞 🛹✨

~Your POV:~
"Sorry but she's right." Miya says, agreeing with me.

"I've known Y/N and Phoenix a while and even I had a rough idea they were the same person." Joe says.

"I didn't say anything because I wanted as few people to know as possible. I didn't want to drag people into my personal business." I say.

"Ok, I have a question. Every time you race against me, your jumps are always so high. How?" Shadow asks.

(He had to say something soon. He's been in this restaurant for like 2 chapters and he hasn't said a word. Then again, Cherry's said like one thing.)

"Oh, that's simple. I used to figure skate." I say nonchalantly.

"Wha?! How many years?" Reki asked.

"Well, I used to snowboard as well. When I was 3, I started snowboarding but stopped at age 7. Then I took up ice skating at age 7. I stopped thought at 13. Which was around the time my parents died. And I've been skateboarding since." I explain.

"Seriously?! You snowboarded for 4 years and ice skated for 6?! No wonder you jump so high." Reki says.

"Which leads me on to my next point. Joe. Cherry. Please demonstrate Adam's Love Hug for everyone." I say.

They both get up and demonstrate the Love Hug before I explain the situation.

"Ok so the Love Hug is actually a move that makes people think the other person is skating uphill. So it's an illusion. What I tried to do back when me and Reki skated against him, Langa needs to do." I say.

"What do you mean?" Langa asks.

"You have to do an aerial to dodge it. I didn't have enough jump to actually perform a proper aerial. So that's why this happened." I say.

"Look, Langa. Adam is too dangerous to go against. You need to back out of this." Reki says.

"I can't." Langa says.

"Reki don't bother. There's no talking him out of it. The race is tomorrow. It's a done deal. We just have to hope Langa can actually get out of it." I say to Reki.

"Mhm. You're right." Reki says.

"Well, I'm gonna head home if you want there to be any chance of me coming to support you tomorrow. See ya." I say.

I go to leave before Reki stops me.

"Wait! Let me walk you home." Reki says.

I comply and the two of us start walking back to my house.

"Y/N? You've skated against Adam before yesterday, right? Did it all work out?" Reki asks.

"No. It didn't. I ended up injured and couldn't skate for a while. Then Adam came looking for me. He desperately wants me to be by his side. But I don't want to. That's why I ran away in the first place. I don't think Langa should be going against Adam, but then I was the same when he challenged me." I say.

"You were?" Reki asks.

"Mhm. Joe tried to talk me out of it." I say.

~𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔:~
"Joe! I got challenged to a beef! It's in two days." I beam.

"Oh? Who against?" Joe asks.

"Adam." I say.

"Y/N are you nuts?! You can't go against him. Everyone who does ends up injured or worse... they don't return to skating." Joe explains.

"Look, Joe, I know you're worried and all but I've had my fair deal of injuries in ice skating and snowboarding. I'll be fine." I say.

"No, you aren't getting it. This is worse. He breaks skaters. He says he's doing it in the name of 'love'. He find a person to be fixated on and then he ends up breaking them. You're his new Eve. And you will be until he breaks you too." Joe says.

"Joe I can manage myself." I say.

"I'm not worried about that." Joe says.

~𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔:~

"Back then, I should've listened to Joe. He told me not to go against Adam. But I did. I was in the hospital for a week. I landed on my knee and dislocated it but also fractured it. It was that bad that it didn't even heal properly. So if I hurt it slightly. Like falling off a skateboard at high speeds, I'd end up being out of action for a while. I've been told not to skate for two weeks. But I don't even know if I will skate again after those two weeks." I explain.

"Y/N, look. You're an amazing skater. Don't just quit cos of some injury. I'm sure you can overcome this." Reki says.

"Yeah and I wish it were that easy." I say.

"I'll see you tomorrow Reki." I say as we reach my doorstep.

"Yeah... see ya." Reki says.

I head inside and close the door, locking it after myself. I slid down the door and just cried.

Reki. I hope you're right. I hope I can overcome this. I have to beat that son of a bitch. I wipe my teary eyes and head off to my room. I put the crutch down and change into my pyjamas. I climbed into bed and lay there, staring at the ceiling. God I hope Reki is right.

I lay there, staring for a while before I felt myself drift off to sleep. Overwhelmed by the darkness of the night and lulled into a safe sleep.

Langa, I hope for your sake you are able to break away from his Love Hug and not get injured. I hope for your sake that you don't become his Eve. Cos if you do, I'm afraid of the worst.

Mid-drafting this chapter on my laptop, the OP to Sk8 The Infinity started playing. Like how?! I didn't even queue it!