CHAPTER 12

Hello!!!
Hope you all are well!
......yes............

🥺🥺

🥺🥺

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jin was on his way to the pet store when his body had automatically steered him towards the park that was on his way.

He stood at the entrance thinking for a moment and entered the park making his way towards the play area.

They had installed two or three more slides and swings over the past 13 years but nothing much had changed other than that.

But this was not the first time Jin had visited the park. He had visited it whenever he was sad and needed a bit of peace and time for himself. Or he would come whenever he was nearby like now.

He went and sat down on the bench looking over the play area. The same bench where his mother had sat years ago when he used to play here.

He smiled fondly at the memories that were passing through his mind.

He put his hand into his pocket and pulled out the ring. He had not worn it because he did not want anyone to question him about the ring. But not wearing it also seemed very wrong to Jin. So he kept it in his pocket everyday and when he was in the dorms he would always wear it.

He held the ring in his hand as he read the words for the millionth time. 'Wherever you are.' He sighed. He did not remember much from that day so he did not know what was written on the other ring but he always thought it would be along the lines of 'I'll be there' or something similar to that.

"But you are not here. And I dont know where you are", Jin said loud enough for only him to hear.

If anyone knew what he was talking about they would probably think he knew the other kid for years and they had been separated.

But no.

They had barely known each other for 5 hours. Only 5 hours. And yet Seokjin had always remembered the boy. It was as if someone was not letting him forget about the boy.

He had called himself VV. And then had decided that he would call Jin as Hamster. Jin chuckled at the nickname. And then the boy had told he was going far away and that was the first and last time Jin had ever seen him.

Seokjin sighed again when he realised that the only thing they had to recognise each other was their silly nicknames and the rings. Because Seokjin really did not remember anything else from that day not even his face. But he thought that even if he did remember the face it would be quite difficult because he did not expect the boy to reamin the same through the years.

He shook himself out of his thoughts, got up and made his way back to his original destination- the pet store.

He opened the door and was greeted by an cheerful looking employee. He smiled back as he stepped inside.