Chapter 21: Smiles to Love

Hey y'all I am SO sorry that this took so long. I've just been really busy lately with school and other projects that I've been working on, and I've been distracted. Totally on me. I've also just had some trouble thinking of a good way to push the story further. I don't know if you've noticed, but this fic has a lot of details, and figuring out how to continue it in a unique, captivating, and creative way is rather difficult. Nontheless, here I am, and this is a chapter. A fluff one cuz y'all deserve it. This chapter hasn't been beta read, just so you know, so comment any errors and I'll edit it later.

Back to my corner I go.

Enjoy~

_

He doesn't know when, but he eventually fell victim to sleeps hungry clutches, relishing in the inky blackness of rest. There were no thoughts, no anxiety, just sleep.

Only to be disrupted when he felt a gently nudge on his arm.

That's weird.

Shigaraki just barges into his room and wakes him up by shouting and kicking him, he doesn't gently try to wake him.

So who?

Izuku rolled over under surprisingly soft sheets (did Kurogiri get him a new blanket?) and cracked his eyes open. His vision was still hazy with fatigue, but he could see the outline of a person crouching next to him.

"Midoriya-kun, wake up. I wanna show you something," A soft femanine voice whispered. He opened his eyes all the way, and saw Uraraka.

Quickly catching his brain up to the present (He was not there. He was safe) he sat up while wiping the sleep from his eyes. His blankets pool at his waist, and he internally cringes at the amount of sweat on his back, making his shirt stick to his skin.

Uraraka was smiling excitedly, basically vibrating with energy. It almost made a shiver go down his spine at what was in store for him in the next few hours. He felt sympathy for his guardian. "Yeah?" He whispered, trying not to wake the people around them. Kaminari rolled over in his sleep, and a groan escaped someone's lips.

What time was it again?

"Come with me. I have a surprise for you," She responded quietly and stood up. Then he noticed the plastic bag in her hand. Bounding for the open door, waved for him to follow him. Mentally preparing himself for his classmate's antics, he grabbed his pillow and shoes, and followed her outside.

He immediatly noticed, as his feet hit the dusty path, that the sun had barely risen, cracks of sunlight just making it over the horizon. It would be beautiful if he wasn't so exhausted. His heels hit the ground softly as he followed Uraraka to the eating area where she sat down at a table. Hesitantly, he sat across from her with his pillow in his lap.

She was still smiling at him, and it almost looked like she was glowing. She placed the plastic bag on the table in front of her, holding it shut with her hands (Keeping her pinkies lifted) and staring at him very intensly.

"I didn't know what to think of you when I first saw you," She began. Here we go. Izuku internally sighed, partly wishing he could go back to bed. "No one in class really did. We didn't know what to make of you, and when you joined the class, we were all really curious. And then we got to know you, and we've all grown attached somewhat. You probably don't intend it, but you make others around you happier. But you don't ever seem happy yourself."

It was at that point that Uraraka looked down, her smile dimming as she looked down at the bag in her hands, but then her eyes gained the same fiery determination that he saw at the mall before Shi- he came.