Chapter 17: Fragile Hope

Hey so I'm a little disappointed right now. My mother wants me to find a chapter in one of my stories to send to my grandmother for Christmas because she used to teach seventh grade English. Now, I am not in seventh grade and that is one of the reasons I'm nervous to send her a chapter because I just know that she's going to 'grade' it like i am a seventh grader. Oh I can hear it now "This is too graphic for your age" or "make it a little more kid friendly please?". I swear to the gods. I can write graphic fight scenes if I want to, I am not a little kid. Also, who wants to send a chapter of your full time fan fiction to your Grandmother. No thank you. She wouldn't understand most of the slang and the use of honorifics that are associated with Japanese language. I decided this would be the chapter I send to her. I hope my mom wont want to read it before I send it. She'd get on my case about swear words. Yay.

Anyway, enjoy~
________________________________

Izuku didn't want to be there, but really when did he ever want to be in public. This sucked in so many ways. He didn't even want to come on this stupid training camp, but Aizawa had made him come because he was apparently apart of the class now.

It was a class of nineteen students, two of which having been expelled at the beginning of the year and then one of the chairs being filled by Izuku.

He knew his foster guardian had expelled them for not having potential, one of them being a pervert and the other not up to training. It was harsh, but Izuku didn't really see any fault in that reasoning. He was sure that wherever those students were now they were okay.

He really couldn't believe that it had been a month since his escape and rescue. For such a short time he gained a little healthy weight back. He was still unnaturally thin, just... less thin. It was progress okay?

Izuku had also been keeping up with training. Aizawa was teaching him more about knives and swords while Snipe taught him how to shoot a postal. He didn't have any solid evidence, but he thinks Aizawa was going to teach him how to use his capture weapon soon. It was all logical if he wanted to be the world's first Quirkless hero.

He'd gained a bit of muscle and could talk a little better. He couldn't scream or shout, but he could quietly speak. More progress. Recovery Girl had told him that if he kept up the training he would be able speak at a louder volume soon.

Though he still didn't see the point in taking him on this trip with a bunch of rambunctious people. From the point Aizawa had told him about it he didn't understand and he still didn't. He knew he'd be training physically, but from what he'd been told (overheard in the staff room) was that the kids were going to be training with their Quirks.

He didn't see the point in that if he didn't even have a special superpower. Other than helping other students train or making observations, he didn't know how he was supposed to help.

The scenery outside the window passed as the bus drove along the highway. It was such a nice day outside.

Aizawa was definitely planning something.

He knew it. When things are nice there was always something planned. He did it around the apartment a lot. It was never anything big, but small things that were supposed to keep Izuku prepared for anything.

After talking with the class (usually one sided) he learned that his guardian used his "logical rouses" on his students too. On a larger scale. Izuku wasn't nervous at all, but he was nervous for the others. He knew when to expect Aizawa was about to try something. They didn't. Which was honestly surprising consicering how many times he pulled them.