Chapter 3: Blood and Bandages

It went on for days on end, so long that Izuku didn't know why he was even trying. They never told him anything that would help him figure out why they were doing this.

Of course, they had put him through much worse torment than just glass, but that still didn't mean that it didn't hurt like a bitch. He was knocked off his feet and stepped on shards more times than he could count, but that didn't ever stop Shigaraki's attack.

From what Izuku could tell, this was a means of training him. Which made no sense to him at all because he's never stepped foot out of the bar before.

Other than when he was with...

So that begged the question of what they were planning. But it still went on and with each day, Izuku found himself getting faster and lighter on his feet.

Kurogiri was, surprisingly, feeding him just a little more than before. Keeping up his relentless assault, Shigaraki ended up stabbing him below the stomach and Izuku felt the white pain surge through his body as the blood flowed down his body and soak his shirt.

Now knowing that anything went, Izuku punched Shigaraki's face and forced him away. The man seethed with rage as he clutched his jaw and rushed him once more while Izuku dodged with his dagger while stepping back for better balance.

The cotton blood stained bandages wrapped around his feet offered minimal protection against the glass that covered the ground, but still kept him from getting more injured.

Izuku clutched his wound with his free arm and fended off the man with the other. He managed to make a few small hits on him before collapsing onto the floor once more. Again, shards pierced his arm mercilessly as his blood stained the glass.

"You really are weak," Shigaraki's rough voice lingered in Izuku's cotton filled ears.

Pathetic

Useless

Worthless

The man left the glass filled room and left Izuku alone once more. Just as he had done for all the weeks leading up to that day.

___________________________________

Just like clockwork, Kurogiri came back and walked up to the boy. Noticing the blood seeping our onto the floor he turned Izuku onto his back and saw his cut up face and blood soaked shirt.

It must've put some urgency into him as he picked up the boy and took him to a separate room where he removed Izuku's shirt (being careful to avoid pulling the shock collar) to reveal the scar filled torso. Kurogiri would've just let it be if it wasn't a wound that would be fatal if not treated.

He stitched up the analyst child and bandaged his torso gently. It was his job to keep Izuku up with schoolwork and keep his mind sharp. They were working on college calculus and other subjects of the like. He might've grown somewhat attached to him along the way as the young child that grew under their care, but it wasn't his place to interfere with Shigaraki's plans, just help him when he asks for it.

If he wanted to hurt the boy then he stayed out of it, it wasn't his place.

It wasn't until recently when Shigaraki had the idea to bring Izuku along with them on the attack against UA did they think about training him physically.

They had never thought about it before then, until recently they had just used him for his sharp analysis. It wasn't an awful idea, but didn't have many members to their group yet so, begrudgingly, Shigaraki had to do it.

Izuku coughed and the man of mist half expected there to be a trail of blood come down his mouth, but thankfully, there was not and the only blood on his face was from the small cuts from the glass.