Chapter 16: Confrontation with Fear

I actually really like how this chapter turned out. It's longer than last weeks chapter so that makes it even better. Also, I'm currently working on another villain deku fic. It'll have him doing more villain activities than this one, but he still doesn't want to be a villain. I'll give your that small bit, but nothing else. Don't tell me to "publish it already" because I don't know when it'll be ready, and if it'll be sooner or later. If you have any constructive criticism, questions, or theories please let me know. This is chapter is going to be the beginning of the downhill landslide of just angst and sadness.

Enjoy~
________________________________

Izuku sat down on the ledge in front of a bunch of plants. Shigaraki didn't even need to keep his hand on his neck, the mere presence of the man was enough to make Izuku's body lock and tremble.

Even so, the hand around his nape squeezed with no small amount of force, constricting Izuku's breathing and keeping him from hyperventilating or causing a scene. Izuku kept his eyes on his lap where the notebook sat under his tight locked arms. If the man next to him thought this notebook was important and filled with analysis, he was wrong. It was just a notebook for communication. But he'd never tell Shigaraki that.

"This is nice. Don't you think, Brat?" Shigaraki's grated voice said.

"What do you want?" Izuku whispered. His voice still wasn't as strong as it should be, but it was level and calm, despite his increasing fear.

"Oh so you talk again? That's cool. I was wondering when you speak up again," The man purred in his ear and sent a chill down his spine. Shigaraki sat back, hand still on his neck, and hummed. "Right now, the hero killer pisses me off the most. More than you actually, which is surprising because I really missed my toy. And that's what my problem is. It's like suddenly everyone is obsessed with that stupid hero killer. You're our analyst; what do you think the difference is between us, Brat?"

So he wanted him to answer his questions, huh?

Izuku took as deep as a breath as he could, sans focused on the threatening hand that could kill him at any moment. "Despite having known you for so many years, I don't understand you. You or your goals. And besides, I've never agreed with anything you do."

The hand tightened just a fraction but Shigaraki didn't stop him. "The hero killer and I have something in common. We're inspired by All Might and the good heroes around us. He a maniac, but he doesn't destroy stuff just because it sounds fun. Even if the way he acted was wrong, he held true to his beliefs. That's the difference." Izuku didn't know it was possible, but he probably tensed more with the amount of strength Shigaraki was putting into closing off his air pipe.

Izuku had just spoken more then than he had done for the past few days in speech therapy. Maybe if he made it out of this alive Recovery Girl would go easy on him and not make him sing those notes on the scale?

It was getting harder to breathe. Maybe he was going to die here? Would that really be too bad? Izuku wasn't really sure. He was honestly terrified at the moment. He could practically hear the horrific smile on Shigaraki's face. "It's him. The problem is All Might. Oh I'm so glad we had this chat. I feel better. I can't thank you enough, Pet."

Izuku decided.

He didn't want to die.

His hands reached up, pulling on Shigaraki's with the strength he didn't have. He was suffocating.

He didn't want to die.