Chapter 19: Exposed Emotions

Sorry that I've been gone so much, Holidays are a hard time to work around. My family gets busy around the end of the year, even though we don't really go anywhere. We're mostly an introverted family and most of our family parties are just close family. But it's still socially draining that I have little to no time or motivation to write. Speaking of which, to make it up to you I scrapped up a Rise of the Guardians one-shot. I know it's not much, but it's something, right? This chapter isn't anything but a little bit of fluff and a little bit of angst. 

Enjoy~

Izuku watched Iida step over his towel and come to the edge of the pool. His glasses are missing, presumably in one of his bags. Iida gets in next to him and Izuku could see his tense muscles relax in the heated water.

"You were gone so quick, we didn't even know where you went," Iida said.

"Sorry," Izuku apologized quietly.

"No, it's fine. I was just wondering if you were really okay. You said you were earlier, but I just want to be sure. You know you can talk to me, right?"

Izuku was silent for a few beats. "Thanks."

"We're friends, aren't we? That's what friends do," The boy smiled down at him. Izuku wished he could smile like that. So genuinely. Carefree. It sorta made him jealous.

Soon enough, the rest of the boys joined. Some stayed by the edge of the water, just enjoying the company that was offered, while others made a scene and were just simply being obnoxious. Izuku watched Bakugo relax at the far end of the water, glaring at anyone who looked at him. He wondered what was on the other boy's mind.

Kaminari eventually came up to him and tried to drag Izuku into the "fun", which comprised of splashing water at other's faces. But before he could, Iida shouted and drew everyone's attention to him and Mineta.

The short sized pervert was standing by the divider to the male and female's baths, looking up with a longing. Izuku sighed and got out of the pool while everyone was still focused on Mineta. If the perve started to climb, he'd knock him down.

There was a decent sized rock by the tree that Izuku picked up. The weight was on par with one of his knives, and wasn't all that sharp. He wouldn't actually throw it at Mineta. Just around him.

Hopefully it would be enough to startle him into dropping.

Izuku turned back and saw Iida beginning to advance Mineta. "Stop this this instant! What your doing is not only demeaning to the girls, but also yourself! This is disgraceful!"

"You're just a prude, Iida," Mineta said. "After all, walls are meant to be climbed!" And just like that, the boy was clambering up the wall, using his Quirk as he climbed.

Raising his hand, Izuku squinted his right eye, getting ready to throw the moment he had aim, but a small head peeked out from the top of the wall just as he was about to let go.

"Before you become a hero, you should learn to become a decent human," The young boy's voice chastised.

Izuku stopped short and dropped the rock as Kota slapped Mineta off the wall. Well this was a waste of time. Maybe he should've stayed in the water. Nobody was paying him any attention, but he felt exposed.

Just as he took a step towards the pool, a small yelp drew his focus back to the wall as Kota tripped over the side.

Goddamn it.

Izuku rushed forward, running up the wall skillfully. His feet made a clambering sound as he made his way up and caught Kota by the head. No longer having any momentum, he kicked off the wall with the boy in his arms. The ground rushed towards him and he landed in a summersault.