Chapter 6: Doctors Visit

Izuku groggily opened his eyes to be met with dim darkness. Not the same darkness of his cell, though. His cell had a particular type of darkness that made his feel the smallest amount of comfort until Shigaraki came to destroy it.

No.

This wasn't his cell.

He was on the ground of a cage stacked up on other cages against the wall of a long hallway. It was small and he just barely fit inside. It was big enough for him to lay down curled up and just tall enough that he could sit up. A dog cage with an enforced lock on it.

There were empty cages across from him against the other wall but he wasn't sure if he was the only one there.

His head pounded once more but it wasn't from his fever. A nasty bump at the back of his head throbbed with pain from when Shigaraki bashed his head into the floor of the bar after they got back.

Shigaraki was bleeding from his wounds and a part of Izuku felt a satisfaction from the man's suffering. But it was quickly put out after he'd looked at Izuku with a look of pure hate. Izuku's hands were still bound and his fever was yet to be broken. His whole body already felt weak, especially after the collar shocked him, his own wounds ached and moving was difficult.

So when Shigaraki came at him, bleeding and angry, he couldn't fight back.

Now he sat in the small cage.

Another thing different was that someone had changed his clothes while he was knocked out. Now he wore a worn out short sleeved hospital gown that had a few dirt splotches on the chest. Either it was dirt or blood, he didn't know. It was itchy and didn't protect him from the chill, but he was used to that.

An emptiness on his neck caused him to bring his hand up and instead of feeling the tight collar around his nape, it was free and light.

The collar was gone.

A new layer of bandages had been wrapped around his wounds tightly, as if whoever did didn't really care about helping him.

Over the bandages of his left wrist was a paper bracelet. Izuku couldn't see what was written very well, but he saw a few numbers that were difficult to make out.

0056

What did they mean?

Did he really want to find out?

Fear began to surge through his body. He'd heard of Sensei talk about the doctor but he never actually seen him. Sensei always threatened to take him to see the doctor if he did anything that was bad.

Izuku failed his test, Shigaraki told him so. He didn't want to do it and he failed.

He backed up to the far side of the cage, the metal pressed up behind him on his back. Gripping his hair tightly, he started trying to stay quiet. He couldn't let them know he was awake. What was going to happen to him?

The sound of a door opening echoed throughout the hallway and he stiffened. Footsteps drew closer to his cage and he pressed himself closer to the back.

A person stopped in front of the door and looked in. Izuku could see green goggles around a bald head that shined even in the dim light. He wore a white lab coat and a button up shirt with a tie under it. The mustache on his lips was large and covered his mouth, but Izuku could still see the tale of a smile.

"Good morning, Izuku," He spoke in a chipper tone as he dug into his pockets and pulled out a silver key.

If Izuku could speak, he might've asked who the man was, despite knowing it was the doctor. He might've started cursing and swearing him out like a sailor in attempt to guard whatever dignity he had left.