Chapter 9: Panic

Izuku was rushed into an ambulance quicker than he could struggle. The claws from the Nomu had slashed his skin, causing him to bleed. Its strange, he hadn't felt the pain until then.

He kept trying to get up, to move away and distance himself from the gloved hands that held him down to the gurney. He hated hands, especially gloved ones.

Pain flared through his body and he squeezed his eyes shut and hit down hard. He had to get away, he had to find help. Osachi and the others still needed help. They were moving somewhere. Where were they going?

Something cold was strapped across his chest and then his legs and kept him down. Fear spiked and he struggled harder. There was something placed on his face that blew air into his mouth. Words were being said but he couldn't understand it clearly.

Why was everything so hazy?

Why couldn't he move?

"Honey, you need to calm down. You're safe, nothing is going to hurt you. I'm trying to help you, can you let me help you?" A soft feminine voice said.

He whimpered and tried opening his eyes again. The light overhead was almost blinding in comparison to the dark alleys that he'd just come from. A figure leaned forward into his vision and covered the light. A woman with long straight white hair that was red at the tips. She had strawberry red eyes and freckles like him.

Her hand pushed his hair back and out of his eyes and wiped his forehead with a soft rag.

She looked like a good person.

Izuku relaxed slightly and let her work. He expected pain from her touch, but was shocked when none came. If he could speak he'd probably ask who she was and what she was doing, but he was suddenly too tired to care. Why was he so tired all of a sudden? Was it her Quirk?

Against his will, his body went completely lax as two more people began to work his torso. The woman with the white hair stayed next to him, gently petting his hair back until the vehicle they were in came to a stop.

He was scared again. It was like the Doctor all over again. He was strapped down and being taken somewhere where people would do bad things to him.

The struggle picked up as he was taken out of the vehicle and rolled into a building down lengthy hallways. The lights overhead were brighter than they were before and made his head hurt.

"Hon, you need to calm down. Everything is fine, you're safe. No one is gonna hurt you," The woman said as she came into his peripheral vision. There were orders being made from people he couldn't see as adults in white lab coats hurried by.

This was all so overwhelming.

He didn't want to be here. He wanted Eraserhead or Present Mic, they had to be somewhere.

Where were they?

_

Shouta groaned when he heard his phone go off in the middle of the night. People who knew him, knew that he didn't take calls late at night unless he was on patrol. This was one of the rare nights that he got to sit back and relax.

He'd just gotten those insufferable bandages off of his face and he no longer looked like a mummy. His doctor still banned him from patrols or any other strenuous activities.

He was fine with that.

People knew that this was his week off. All of his students were out on internships so he didn't have to take care of a bunch of brats. No hero work, no school, nothing. That was until he got that phone call.