Chapter 3 - Jinxed it

I sighed as I thought how stupid I was to think that. "There is no reason for him to be here." I quietly told myself. "Dream?" I snapped my head to the direction of the voice. I see Nightmare standing there. Shit. I fucking jinxed it. Dumbass. "Heyyyy Nightmare. Didn't think you would come here!" I said, standing up straight. "What are you doing here....?" He says while glaring at me. He seems fine. No injuries, he is okay. I smiled. "Just.....looking around! Hehe, I just got here so I really haven't been here long." I lied to him. This is the only home I have, of course I would come back. But it hurts to see the mistake I did, if only I seen what was going on, only if I was there for Nightmare more. "There isn't anything to look at." He said as he eased up. At least he isn't glaring anymore. "Looking at my failures" is what I want to say. I failed to see what's going on with my brother. I failed to see the town's behavior. If only I wasn't so arrogant. "....." but I didnt say anything. "How is it going...?" I say while looking away. It hurts to see him like this. My eyes wandered to the tree. "None of your business." Nightmare said calmly. My eyes landed onto one of the many apples. They were all corrupted. "Nightmare....am I a bad person?" I said, not looking away from the apples. "Yeah, but I still love you." What? Was I hearing incorrectly? I looked at him and realized how close he was. I haven't been this close to him in a while. I felt the urge to cry. "I.....I-I...." is all I could say. I missed him so much. He hugged me. I was completely shocked but I still hugged back. "I love you too." I said, hoping this wasn't a dream.

( hi, hello! It's been a while. Hope you liked this lovely update and this chapter. And have this picture of Cross being tortured since I couldnt find a nice wholesome picture of Dream and Nightmare hugging.)