Chapter 1

Katie (Pidge): age six

Lance: age eight

Hunk: age seven

Keith: age five

Allura: age thirteen

Shiro: age twenty-five

Coran: age thirty-five

Lotor: age sixteen (please don't yell at me with Lotor and Keith's age difference, I know it a lot, but I wanted him to be a little older than Allura)

I know, everyone other than Allura, Shiro and Coran are actually younger than Keith, but for the sake of this story, I am making Keith the youngest.

________________________________________________________________________________

Keith's POV:

It was my fifth birthday and we were having a party for it. All of the kingdoms were invited, meaning more people than I would like. My nurse was trying to get my suit on me, but I was not having it. "Keith, stop. You know how your brother would react if you show up late to your own party AND not wearing a suit. Please work with me." I shook my head, making faces at Katie, her daughter who was a year older than me. Katie was laughing at me and her mom said "Katherine Holt, do not encourage him, he needs to get his suit on or Shiro will have my head."

After a few more minutes of struggling, my nurse finally got the suit on, much to my dismay. Katie was now fidgeting with her laptop and her mother turned to her. "Now, young lady, it is your turn. I need to get you in your gown before we can leave this room." Katie looked up at her with a pout as I started laughing. "Keith, that does not mean you get to give me any trouble while I am trying to get Katie into her gown. You will sit there and be still."

Katie started struggling with her mother "Mom, I don't want to wear a dress. This isn't a party for me. It's for Keith, why do I have to be torchered?" She complained. "Because you're like my sister and you love me and you don't want me to suffer on my own." I stated, laughing at her. "Sometimes I wonder about that Keith, I really do." She tells me as her mother finally gets the dress over her head. Katie pouts at her mother who says, "Now, let us go, the party has already started and frankly, I would rather not have to deal with the two of you running around this room as I inform your brother that you are ready, Keith." I huffed and nodded. Katie came up to me and looped our arms together, making me smile as we skipped down the hallway towards the ballroom.

I could have sworn I heard Katie's mom mutter something that sounded like, "What am I going to do with them?"

Katie and I barged into the ballroom and everything went quiet. "Um... Keith, I think we made a GREAT ENTRANCE!" Katie whisper-yelled in my ear. I nodded and looked at all the faces staring at us. "Come on, let's go to the farthest wall from all the people. Please Katie?" I whispered back to her, she nodded and we walked to the wall and just stood there talking. "Keith, Katie, why are you two late, and why did you barge into the room like that? Keith, you need to keep up a reputation as the prince of this kingdom. I can not have you running around this castle like this." Shiro scolded as soon as he saw us.

"Lighten up, will you Shiro? The boy is only five years old." A familiar voice spoke. "Uncle Coran!" I yelled over the music. I ran up to him to hug him, forgetting my arm was linked with Katie's. "Keith, stop trying to tear my arm out of the socket!" Katie yelled at me. I looked at her sheepishly "Sorry Katie, but Uncle Coran, I thought you were supposed to be across the world?" I asked. My uncle gave me a small smile. "Well, I couldn't miss my nephew's fifth birthday, now could I?" I nodded and gave him a hug, letting go of Katie this time. "Now, how about you go enjoy your birthday with your friend and maybe make some new ones." Coran said.