Chapter 17

I shot up in bed, panting. Something shifts next to me and I flinch away, falling off of my bed. I made a loud thump and Lance shot up. "Keith? Babe, what's wrong?" He asked as he got out of bed. I scrambled back away from him until I hit the wall. "Keith, what's wrong?" He reached out toward me and I flinched again. "Keith, I'm not going to hurt you. C'mere." He said softly. He's tricking you. He doesn't care. I look over to see the dark version of me standing in the corner of my room. I shook my head.

"Get out, Get out GET OUT!!" I screamed at him. Lance looked to him, then back to me. "Keith, baby, there's no one there. Who are you talking to?" I looked at Lance then back at the dark version of me, who was smirking. I shook my head and looked back at Lance. "Nothing... nothing's wrong, Lance. Just a nightmare." I said. Shiro ran into my room with a guard at that moment. "I heard screaming! What's wrong Keith?" He asked, moving closer.

Don't answer. Remember what he said? You murdered your own father. Dark me whispered. I shivered from his hot breath on my neck. "Nothing, Shiro. I'm fine. Just had a nightmare, that's all." Shiro gave me his 'dad' look, then nodded. "Alright. I believe you, but the next time you scream like that, I want you to tell me what's really going on. Got it?" I nodded, knowing it was useless to argue, though I had no intention of telling any of them what was in my dream, or about dark me.

"Alright. It's the middle of the night, do you think you can go back to sleep, or do you wanna cuddle for a little bit?" Lance asked with a yawn after Shiro left. I held out my arms so Lance could pick me up, and whimpered, hoping he would get the hint that I didn't want to go back to sleep. He seemed to understand as he nodded and picked me up, setting me in his lap and laying us down on my bed.

I turned around so I could see his face. He stuck his tongue out a little bit. I giggled and buried my face into his chest as he laughed. He stroked the back of my hair and pressed a kiss to my crown. "I love you, Keith. I hope you know that. No matter what we go through, that fact will always be true." He whispered.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "There it is..." He grinned. "What?" "Your smile. I hate it when your sad, or mad, or scared. The light in your eyes goes out and I miss it." I laughed a little at that. "Well, your gonna have to get used to it. My moods are going to be all over the place with this baby." I said, grabbing his hand and putting it over my stomach. He pouted a little and scooted down so he was face to face with my belly. "You better not make your momma emotional. I can't deal with that. I already had to deal with my sister when she started having periods, I can't deal with him being moody." He said. I laughed. "Lance, that's not how that works." He looked up at me and smiled. "I know, but it was worth a try."

Lance scoots back up to my face and kisses my forehead. My face heated up and I looked away from him to hide the blush. Lance chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "Hey, don't hide that, it's cute when you blush." I looked up at him and narrowed my eyes. "I am NOT cute. And just for that, I'm getting up. You can go back to sleep, but I'm not staying here." I said, getting up from the bed. "Nope. You need rest." Lance grabbed my arm. "Lance, I'm not tired, and I'm probably not going to get anymore sleep tonight. I'm just going to walk around. Maybe go to the garden."

I pulled my arm out of his grip and started walking towards the door. "Alright, fine. But at least take one of your knives. I won't go with you because I know you need some alone time after what happened, but just for my sanity, I want you to at least have some protection." Lance said. I nodded and walked to my closet to get my mom's knife. I always kept it sharper than the others, so if I did get attacked in my room, which is highly unlikely, I can use it. "Thank you. I'll see you in a few hours, okay babe?" Lance says tiredly. "Yeah, okay. Get some more sleep. We all know how you are when you don't get your beauty sleep." I said. Lance groaned and threw a pillow at my head. I laughed and ran out of the room.

I walked straight to the garden and sat down in the middle of the field of flowers we had that was about a mile away from my balcony. I laid down, feeling calmer than I had in months. A few minutes later, I felt my eyes grow heavy and I slipped into a deep sleep among the flowers.

_______________________________________

PLEASE READ!!

Hey guys. I'm sorry this is so late. I've been dealing with a bunch of personal stuff and have been living with my grandparents for the past month or so, and my grandparents are...iffy, when it comes to stuff like this, so I couldn't really write for a while. I've been feeling like I've kinda failed y'all cause I promised I'd update every week and I haven't been doing that and the chapters are a lot shorter because I've lost all creativity for this, or any of my other stories, thanks to everything that's going on.

This is my literal only way out of the real world, and some of the comments on this story make me really happy, but with me living with my grandparents, it's a little hard to get on and just...write. 

Anyways, sorry for that depressing little tid-bit, I've also been rewatching Merlin this week while my grandparents aren't here, and I threw in a little reference, so if you spot it, comment what you think it is. 

Also, for any Superwholock + Merlin, fans reading this, I have a Superlock story that I posted yesterday that I had written a year ago and forgot about. I'm also going to be writing a series of books that are Disney + Merlin when I finish this. The only reason for that is so that I can take a break from Voltron related things, and I've kinda lost all interest in my other stories that aren't Voltron.

I may pick back up on Hunters At Hogwarts since it was supposed to be written for my sister, but for right now, I'm going to start something new when this is done.

And Monster Mystery? will not be updated until I get at least one of the Disney + Merlin fanfics done, so if any of you want to read it, feel free, but it won't be updated for a while.

I've also gotten a little distracted this week with reading Spiderman/ Irondad-spiderson stories cause they are hilarious and kinda help with my...depression? I guess is what you could call it. I mean, laughter is the best remedy, right? And there's definitely lots of laughter reading those things.