Chapter 8

Pidge's POV

I saw how badly this news affected Keith. His parent figure killed his mom, and his dad probably knew about that. "Maybe he didn't mean to, I never finished reading the information on your mom, Keith, so maybe it was an accident." I suggested, feeling bad for my best friend. I gave him a small side hug and continued reading. "Ok, so we know Ulaz killed Krolia, but let's see what else it says." They all nodded and sat down to listen. Keith scooted closer to me to read it as well. "Okay, so. Right before she took her last breath, she had given Queen Evelyn, who was her best friend at the time, her new-born son. A few days later, Queen Evelyn died and the baby, against the Queen's wishes, was thrown out of the castle, and has never been seen since." I read. I immediately regretted it. I looked up at Keith, who had tears streaming down his face and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Wait. Allura, I thought you said the baby was taken by the father?" Lance said, confused. "That is what father has always told me. It appears someone knows something no one else does. Katie, who wrote that article?"

I looked at the name. "It says it was written by Nikolas Shirogane." Shiro took my laptop. "Wait, it was written by my father? When?" He scrolled through the article. "November 6, 2,004. Which means he was there when Keith was born. Which, makes sense I guess. Thace and him were great friends. Which is why Thace offered to be King for him when Altea threatened to kill him, and why my father took Keith in afterwards."

"Shiro, do you know where your father is right now?" Lance asked. Shiro thought for a minute, then nodded. "Yeah, he should be in a cabin on the boarder of Galra and Altea. Why?" He asked. "We should ask him what happened, and why my father threw Keith out of the castle when my mom wanted to keep him here for her friend."

Shiro nodded. "Alright. Come on, it's been like, eleven years since Keith and I have seen my father, so I guess it would be a great time to stop by for a visit anyway."

I felt something fall onto my lap and looked down, seeing Keith had fallen asleep. "Hey, uh, guys? Has no one been paying attention to Keith?" I whispered. They all turned to look at me. "No, I guess not, why?" Lance and Shiro said in unison, then looked at each other with strange faces.

"Okay, well, one: never do that again, it's creepy. And two: Keith fell asleep." I said, looking down at Keith as he shifted on my lap. "Oh, well. Oops. We might have to wait until he wakes up then to see Shiro's dad." Hunk said. Shiro shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. He always fell asleep when we would go visit my father when he was a toddler. Father would be pleased to see him sleeping, as I've been telling him that Keith really hasn't been sleeping all that much since his dad died."

Shiro scooped Keith up and held him bridal style out of the room. "Okay then. I guess we should follow them, huh?" Lance asked, already making his way towards the two brothers. Hunk and I looked at each other and followed.

_______________________________________

Hey guys. I'm sorry this chapter is so short. I didn't want to make the adventure of Shiro's dad's cabin in this chapter, though I might not include it anyway since Keith will probably be asleep for most of it. Thank you for putting up with these late and spontaneous updates for those still reading this.

I'm making another one-shot and it might be done by the end of next week, so if y'all want to read that, it should be up by Saturday next week.

I'm discontinuing Badger and Jais, for those of you reading that, and I might delete it off of Wattpad completely. I lost all interest for it and I'm trying to focus more on the other fanfictions.

I'm thinking about writing a Lams fanfiction, but I don't really know yet. If any of you are fans of Hamilton and want me to do it, let me know and I will definitely write it when I get the time for it. Give me some ideas for AU's if you want the Lams fanfiction.

Thanks so much and have a great day!